New 75 Gallon Reef tank stocking

LAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I am setting up a 75 gallon reef tank all the rock is cycled so will be able to add fish soon and was wondering how many fish could go in a 75? I am also planing on doing soft corals. Any fish recommendations will be extremely helpful!

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I am setting up a 75 gallon reef tank all the rock is cycled so will be able to add fish soon and was wondering how many fish could go in a 75? I am also planing on doing soft corals. Any fish recommendations will be extremely helpful!

Typically, you build your system around the kind of fish you want to keep.

The number of fish you can have depends on the fish you choose. As an example only, your tank might handle the bio load of 8 small fish (think damsels, clowns) but only 2 larger fish.

Whatever direction you choose to go, remember to quarantine each fish. Also don't fully stock your tank in one trip. Buy two and allow your tank to adjust to the added bio load. Wait a month and then add again.

OP
OP
LAA

LAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typically, you build your system around the kind of fish you want to keep.

The number of fish you can have depends on the fish you choose. As an example only, your tank might handle the bio load of 8 small fish (think damsels, clowns) but only 2 larger fish.

Whatever direction you choose to go, remember to quarantine each fish. Also don't fully stock your tank in one trip. Buy two and allow your tank to adjust to the added bio load. Wait a month and then add again.
Yes thank you I know about quarantine and waiting I have over 18 tanks 3 of which are also saltwater. I am planing on doing a clownfish but wasn’t sure what else would do ok in that size tank because I would like fish maybe tangs that would help eat any algae that may grow in the further down the road but won’t harm coral

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back