New AI Axis Pump- Avoid the brand label mark up

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 from this brand also, they usually have the best prices for 300w and under units

300w battery generator for 179, 30$ coupon and there is always a coupon, so 150$ for 300w.

25$ Less than the other one and 50 more watt hours

Just want to some knowledge and experience

@telegraham fyi see this post and post 80

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@telegraham fyi see this post and post 80
Thank you for sharing options. You probably already know that I'm not a fan of lithium, but LiFePO4/LFP...I'll take them all day long!

Here's another option: https://www.ebay.com/itm/144819918766?epid=21058112432

1710933368347.png

Many other EcoFlow options available for lots of money off. This isn't sponsored. EF doesn't know I exist.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a good price for the refurb ecoflow. There’s a lot of good refurb ones. I might be buying a big one lol

Thank you for sharing options. You probably already know that I'm not a fan of lithium, but LiFePO4/LFP...I'll take them all day long!

Here's another option: https://www.ebay.com/itm/144819918766?epid=21058112432

1710933368347.png

Many other EcoFlow options available for lots of money off. This isn't sponsored. EF doesn't know I exist.

I’m a big fan of battery tech. LiFePO4 is great. I upgraded my kids power wheels jeep to LiFePO4. Runs for days now lol

Bejj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I post this as it is a rip off. Allowing a company to do this justifies them doing the same on lights, pumps, and every other component b/c people like you will post here defending it as ok. As corporations continue to buy up other companies, we are seeing less and less competition in the market place also fueling costs.

As for corals and such, yes if I see someone looking for something and I know it can be picked up cheaper, i post about it within the local forums. Someone looking for the torch the store is selling for $300ph, I will post the hobbyist selling it for $100. That $250pp GMK zoa, here's a hobbyist selling for $50pp. Your $200 acro, here's a hobbyist selling for $50. I will look out for other hobbyists as we shouldn't be priced out of the hobby by turning a blind eye to marketing/sales tactics.
So paying an extra $60 for app control, integration into an ecosystem of decent products, warranty, and customer support is a ripoff? I'd rather pay the little extra then than get no back up from a no name company even if it's the same hardware.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So paying an extra $60 for app control, integration into an ecosystem of decent products, warranty, and customer support is a ripoff? I'd rather pay the little extra then than get no back up from a no name company even if it's the same hardware.

No thanks. I’ll save my money and use the non buggy inline controller. As for app control it’s not full control. There doesn’t seem to be any integration. See this review. It’s the same functionality as the inline remote. Feed mode or constant

“I bought this to add into a vacant outlet on my AIO. This being Mobius compatible I thought this would be awesome to pair with my existing MP10 schedule. Setup was super easy but I was immediately disappointed to see all Mobius and this pump can do are the standard modes (constant and feed). No parent/child or Ecotech flow options. I thought for the for the extra $$$ over the other brand of identical pumps this would deliver something more than an app toy”

Last edited:

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not a product or technology they created themselves, like mp40 through-glass power heads. This is not something they made and now another company is copying. This is a foreign brand pump, that they buy cheap, rebranded, and made an app enable/disable feed mode, and marked up the price significantly. No thank you

I’ll buy MP pumps and pay the premium, but something like this, nope

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back