OP
D

duskpaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4C7BF1E3-79BE-422B-A856-4B5DA87F3904.png

Alright, so im ordering this, to get the trace stuff my strips don't get. Is there anything else I can do? Ill upgrade the strips when I can.

Bajie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your sand bed deep enough? Needs to be 4in for an LTA
If not, use a plastic cup filled with sand so the anemone will attach and hopefully recover.
If the foot is damage, the anemone will not make it, so i hope that is not the case.

Taylor t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s the fluffy sugar coated response:

“hang in there let it adjust” and “best of luck”...

reality:
Yes. It is LTA. If those are mensural filaments hanging out of it’s foot, odds are heavily stacked against it. The truth is, it’s likely going to die, not exactly your fault or what you want to hear. The best thing for that anemone, would be to get it into a very stable and balanced system with experience. I do have LTA experience. Like most info out there, if the foot gets damaged it’s almost always a death sentence with LTA. Not always, but almost always. One of the few, if the only, anemone that dies when damaged foot. When LTA gets damaged foot, it’s a hard walk back to health. Instead of offering advice, I’d ask, do you have any reefing buddies that have experience and stable system that could help it? Get that guy out ASAP to a stable system. Meds won’t help that guy. Sorry to say. Get that guy into a stable system ASAP, and under eyes of experience ASAP. They CAN heal the damaged foot, but needs a very stable system with eyes of experience. And even then, it’s a crap shoot. Most likely got damaged in the move, not you.

OP
OP
D

duskpaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres the parameters I keep for my tank:

Salinity: 1.025 sg
pH: 8.2
Temperature: 78 F
Calcium: 430 ppm
Alkalinity: 8.5 dKH
Magnesium:1200
Nitrate: 5 ppm
Nitrite: 0
Phosphates: 0.15 a lot of people keep it at 0.01 0.04 but my level works for me.

Alkalinity, salinity, and temperature swings can hurt an anemone and corals for that matter, so it's important that you know what your parameters are and if they're constantly changing. My tank parameters are pretty good for what you want besides phosphates, however it isn't terribly important to get these exact parameters numbers in range of these are usually acceptable as long as they're stable. I would research into getting better test kits. Your anemone doesn't look good and I'm not sure it will make it unless you can do these things.
So I measured with the kit I have and the water read really hard— the test barely registered how hard it is and that’s always a thing where I live but never really thought much of it.
Magnesium read 1050 and Calcium 370 compared to your parameters I need to boost them and soften the water. I control the ph, and I’m working on getting the salinity up.
I don’t have any reefing buddies so I’m on my own on this one sadly.
also! Does anybody know where I can get and 18 inch t5 bulb? I’d like to upgrade but I can’t seem to find a saltwater one anywhere

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24 is the standard size you are going to find. can take 1 bulb out at a time and replace with orphek or3 bar or go 4 x 24inch t5 either is pretty cheap. are the water reading that are hard from your freshwater tap or your saltwater tank? using rodi water?

OP
OP
D

duskpaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24 is the standard size you are going to find. can take 1 bulb out at a time and replace with orphek or3 bar or go 4 x 24inch t5 either is pretty cheap. are the water reading that are hard from your freshwater tap or your saltwater tank? using rodi water?
It’s just 1 bar for my tank
It’s from my saltwater tank. It is rodi water but maybe the filter for it is due to be changed?
I’ve been dosing with calcium and magnesium the past 4 days to try and help

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back