New aquarium

Saltygal2.0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, im new to the saltwater aquariums. I have a 39 saltwater tank. That's been setup about 6 or 7 months now. 3 days ago i got a green bubble anemone. For my clownfish. The clownfish was hosting my heater lol. Now im worried about my anemone. It looks like its stressing. My iron its 0, copper its 0.5,nitrate its 0, nitrite its 0, ph, 7.6 . Can you help me what my anemone is stressing or sick. My clownfish hasn't hosting it yet ( im new to this thread. So i dont know how to add pics.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your anemone photos in other thread seem okay.

Give your clownfish time to find your host anemone. If it was tank raised and doesn't know what to do (and you are impatient) you can find a photo of an anemone and clownfish similar to yours, print and tape to side of tank. At least one person said they played video to teach their clownfish... Sounds silly, but usually works

I have a baby blue tang that went thru acclimation with clownfish, so it acts as if it is a clownfish ... and when the clownfish goes and rubs on a coral, then the tang goes and rubs coral identically... My gonipora and frogspawn are not happy about this pair's behaviors, but I'm not ready to rehome left side clown over living in/on frogspawn and gonipora (hoping tang stops acting like clown as it grows up - baby blue tang was smaller than a quarter when we got it, so speculate baby blue tang doesn't yet relate to our larger tangs). I've also got Xenia hosting another clown (right corner), and then 4 right side clowns live in/by 2 anemones - they don't like to share the anemones...

FYI: clown wouldn't host anemone on its back; instead its anemone you want to host clown

Back