New aquascape coral placement help

blakeu21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did my first water change in my new to me water box 110.4. I found this tank on Facebook marketplace looking for a new home and it’s been set up for about a month in my house and it previously was set up for 3 year in its past home. I decided to redo the aquascape of the tank to something more visually appealing and from what I think is better for the coral. I am going for a mixed reef tank with sps, lps, and soft coral. I was looking for some advice on where to place coral in the tank. I know that sps needs to be higher and lps kinda in the middle and soft near the bottom. If you guys have any tips on were to place some of the corals in the tank that would be much appreciated. I am running a ap9x from my lighting and 2 wav for my power heads.
IMG_0309.jpeg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My APx9's could grow SPS in most of the areas that I can see in the mid-foot print of your tank. LPS and softies towards the far left or right of the tank and under the arches and in the shady spots.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

blakeu21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My APx9's could grow SPS in most of the areas that I can see in the mid-foot print of your tank. LPS and softies towards the far left or right of the tank and under the arches and in the shady spots.
Are you saying that I could have softies and lps in the shady spots?

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 134 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%

Back