new Australian Micromussa...or is it an acan?

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are nice Jon! I just went to the website, but only saw a couple on there. Will he be uploading more/

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1125310

I'm sure most of you have seen this thread on RC... so what's the deal with these aussie acans...can someone break it down for me? I haven't been reading up on how many more will come in or the legal issues involved in it. Will the price stay this way and supply limited after this craze? or will it go down... I wouldn't mind paying the price for some of the acans listed...wouldn't be the first time paying big bucks for something nice.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jonbar, do you have to call Scott to get pricing? I checked a couple of days ago and there was very little on the web site.

kigs-I'd bet the prices will stay high for a little while, but like all other things, will come down eventually. Alot depends on how much stuff comes in shipments and how many shipments they allow. Apparently, they opened Australia up for export, but CITES still slows things down. There were several delays on the last order, from what I understand. That said, the pricing over at justcoral of (4) 3-6 polyp frags for $180 is a pretty good price (just $15 a polyp if there were only 12 polyps between the four frags). Much better than anything else on line right now... I thought I had a potential hookup cheap, but that is really cheap...

OP
OP
Patwa

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zach- When you say $650 for a colony, how big was the colony?

the colonies were the same size as those shown in the pics on diamondsinthereef......prolly 50-80+ polyps, at least. all of those colonies were in RR's tank...I saw it with my own eyes ;)

Look guys it is not sneaky!! Just cross the boarder and when they ask what you are doing tell them going to a LFS to check it out!! When you come back tell them you bought some corals and the DNR dude will look at it make sure it is not an endager species and is allowed in the US and that is that from what I have been told?

that's the sneaky way to do it - hoping the customs dude will let you in...a bit risky, but not unheard of, especially from some of my canadian reefer friends....if you do it, make sure to declare everything...they hate when you lie, and they'll prolly use that excuse to seize every frag or colony you bought, not to mention search every bit of you and your car ...eeek!!

I guess i should mention, both of our main Toronto stores are getting in Aussie shipments this weekend again...RR has stated "grade A" acans are coming in, including other acan species (i'm hoping they'll bring in some killer bowerbanki pieces....i was too late last time :(

oh yeah...if you're into Duncans...they're going for about $8 Canadian per polyp ($6USD approx).....best price on the continent, i say!

it's definitely worth the drive up to Canada :) we can meet up for some *ahem* proper beer, or even a lil puff ;)

Zach

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's definitely worth the drive up to Canada :) we can meet up for some *ahem* proper beer, or even a lil puff ;)

Zach

MY kinda Reefer! A friend at an LFS can get a real nice Bowerbanki labeled as XL usuall 6-8" for about $400

I am so trying to move some peices out of my tank for $$$$ and Space!

OP
OP
Patwa

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...gotta keep this thread moving!!

my buddies and I picked up these two sweet Australian Acan lords this past weekend.....all this despite Dark Lord Corals being there before us, cherry picking all the best pieces....bah! ...oh well....ReefRaft's handpicked aussie lords are just around the corner ;) ...gotta start saving up!

Aussie-Lords-029.jpg

i'm so stoked I got a piece of this one!!!! woooot!!!
Aussie-Lords-058.jpg

Zach

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah befoer the online shops here do and **** everybody for them.

toddman74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can someone really confirm what they actually look like? these look too good to be true. I guess I'm a little skeptical until I see them in person.

OP
OP
Patwa

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can someone really confirm what they actually look like? these look too good to be true. I guess I'm a little skeptical until I see them in person.

uhh....."confirm" them? by posting the pics and saying I got frags of them, I thought I did :).....trust me: WYSIWYG! there's a reason why US online stores are driving into Canada to pick these up to sell back in the US.

i'll say it again...the colours are true....these acans are prolly the most vibrant and colourful corals i've ever seen....and that's saying a lot! (at the risk of sounding a bit pretentious, i'm sorry :))

Zach.

chads29

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...gotta keep this thread moving!!

my buddies and I picked up these two sweet Australian Acan lords this past weekend.....all this despite Dark Lord Corals being there before us, cherry picking all the best pieces....bah! ...oh well....ReefRaft's handpicked aussie lords are just around the corner ;) ...gotta start saving up!

DLCC spent money driving up to Canada to cherry pick corals and bring them into the country with all the paperwork and you are disappointed that they do things the right way vs. someone driving across the border hoping they will not be seized and killed by customs officials... I am sure that a lot of online vendors are getting corals from canada at this time but you choose to just use DLCC name because of why?

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dude...these are the actual WYSIWYG colors. No Photoshop or color fidgeting.....Radium 20K DE bulbs..straight up!! Pls. come visit Toronto and I'm sure we'd be more than Glad to show you the LFS'.
BTW ..... I'm part of the Aussie Acan group Buy with Zach!!

Paul

OP
OP
Patwa

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DLCC spent money driving up to Canada to cherry pick corals and bring them into the country with all the paperwork and you are disappointed that they do things the right way vs. someone driving across the border hoping they will not be seized and killed by customs officials... I am sure that a lot of online vendors are getting corals from canada at this time but you choose to just use DLCC name because of why?

....am I knocking DLC? am I as ticked off as you think I am? heck no.... i don't care how or why DLC got the acans....I'm just peeved they got dibs on the best ones....but that's business...its not my business ...RR has the CITES, and they've got the gas money...big whoop!

ready my post over again, before jumping to conclusions, k?

Zach.

PS...customs officials don't kill people..LOL..they just search and seize, afaik

OP
OP
Patwa

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HUH? You with dark loard coral?

that's what i'm thinking!!! LOL

truth is folks, i don't care which US online vendor comes across to buy...it's not my business....all I want is the option to choose from the best stock of acans for the group buy(s) ..and, of course, i'll get obviously ticked if they're all snatched up before I get there! LOL!

Zach

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am going to get ticked if I dont get some!!!! LOL! Oh and not at $90-$120 a head......

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's what i'm thinking!!! LOL

truth is folks, i don't care which US online vendor comes across to buy...it's not my business....all I want is the option to choose from the best stock of acans for the group buy(s) ..and, of course, i'll get obviously ticked if they're all snatched up before I get there! LOL!

Zach

I agree i seen your post as a legitimate gripe, I would be ticked if i went to a lfs and some body took all the good stuff. Hows that slamming DLC?

Oh and I agree 100% REV!!!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back