new Australian Micromussa...or is it an acan?

OP
OP
Patwa

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
elloell.....*deep breath*

the (non CZ) powers that be would like me to clarify, for the record, that the purchase prices I quoted for COLONIES in my earlier posts was the low-end of the scale ....the real high end (grade 'A', if you will) pieces, apparently cost waaaaay more, even at wholesale (I see no need to go into details on this) .....hence, why they are compelled to charge so much per polyp to the US consumer.

done.

chads29

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
....am I knocking DLC? am I as ticked off as you think I am? heck no.... i don't care how or why DLC got the acans....I'm just peeved they got dibs on the best ones....but that's business...its not my business ...RR has the CITES, and they've got the gas money...big whoop!

ready my post over again, before jumping to conclusions, k?

Zach.

PS...customs officials don't kill people..LOL..they just search and seize, afaik

If you wish to have a conversation with DLCC you should probably do it on a site he is not banned from. Bringing up his name on a website he is banned from doesn't seem like a fair fight by any means even if you don't see your comments as bashing. If they beat you to the lfs or where ever you get the aussie acans from and he spent his hard earned money on the corals that is great you have nothing to be upset as he purchased the corals prior to you even saying you liked them.

I have purchased corals Mike and Elizabeth and am in no way associated with them or the business they run.

OP
OP
Patwa

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you wish to have a conversation with DLCC you should probably do it on a site he is not banned from. Bringing up his name on a website he is banned from doesn't seem like a fair fight by any means even if you don't see your comments as bashing. If they beat you to the lfs or where ever you get the aussie acans from and he spent his hard earned money on the corals that is great you have nothing to be upset as he purchased the corals prior to you even saying you liked them.

lol....

watch yourself, chads.....I didn't bring up his name....i mentioned his company...you can find his company cited ALL OVER THE WEB....can u see the difference?

and like i said, he or any other vendor can buy whatever the heck they want.....I just get personally ticked off, as anyone else would, when i see the best stuff all taken - this stuff happens ALL the time to ALL reefers ALL over the world - we cannot always win when it comes to getting the best pieces...you dig? that's my only beef with DLC (and it's a very minor one at that!).

EDIT: FWIW, i didn't know DLC was banned from CZ.

Zach

Last edited:

chads29

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just think if you bring up a vendor in a negative way the vendor should know about it. Especially ex-sponsors of the website who are banned, This really shows the current sponsors how you really appriciate the money they spend on the website no matter how little it is.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How would you know anyway what they spend??? Sounds funny to me.

Now I am going to stop you there chads. No one has said anything negative about DLC that I have seen. As a matter of fact your the one that brought up the fact that they were banned. We appreciate our sponsors here and are doing more and more to help their companies grow and do better.

I will not let you say such false accusations. I try to stay out of this stuff, but do not bring CZ into this saying we don't care about our sponsors. Instead of bringing negative light to DLC or negative light to CZ which in the long run hurts the sponsors, how bout contributing in a positive way.

This is my only warning. Let's drop the DLC issue here and now please. Thanks.

Last edited:

chads29

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This website is more like the blind leading the blind than a zoanthid website and it is pretty sickening, I wish you the best ;).

Chad

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I am sorry you feel that way...

Last edited:

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks ..... yesterday I actually saw this two pieces for the very First time ...

Moseleya latistellata... RARE Acan and it's two Blue colonies ...

Moseleyalatistellata-1.jpg

Moseleyalatistellata.jpg

Pictures permission and courtesy of ReefRaft.ca

Paul

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's confirmed as Moseleya latistellata .... RandyO's got a Sweet colony too ...his Acan's got the Watermelon Echino color morphs..

MoseleyalatistellataRandyO.jpg

Picture are of RandyO's Moseleya latistellata.

Paul

RandyO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's confirmed as Moseleya latistellata .... RandyO's got a Sweet colony too ...his Acan's got the Watermelon Echino color morphs..

MoseleyalatistellataRandyO.jpg

Picture are of RandyO's Moseleya latistellata.

Paul

Somehow I missed the conversation on this thread for the last month.

Hey Paul,
Why are you calling Moseleya, which is a Favide, an Acan?

Let's get these things straight. :)

And thanks for the compliment on my coral. You should see it in person. Not all bleached looking like that photo.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back