New clam.... who 'dis?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SpartaReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I like got the 1.5" Ultra Gold Maxima, excited!

20260601_103204_CF1964B2-9D2E-4554-9C16-296C539706E0.png


20260601_103204_BAC9D2C0-D686-4B84-BD68-920534A54D67.png
 
Well bad news... both clams died. One made it a year. New record for me. Finally got control of the algae, but it stressed the clams too.
Sorry to hear. Get your tank on track and healthy, then you’ll actually be ready for a clam.
 
It was healthy and on track. Had to go on a work trip and missed several water changes in a row. Went downhill from there
I've seen a few people here bring up auto water changing systems they made. If you're away alot I'd use one of those designs so the water can still be changed when you're away (test it while you're home first)
 
It was healthy and on track. Had to go on a work trip and missed several water changes in a row. Went downhill from there
I've seen a few people here bring up auto water changing systems they made. If you're away alot I'd use one of those designs so the water can still be changed when you're away (test it while you're home first)
I had a system that was auto everything once. Kept failing and causing crashes. This one is barely automated (lights only). Has been great other than 2 work trips in a row that made for a bad mess
 
I had a system that was auto everything once. Kept failing and causing crashes. This one is barely automated (lights only). Has been great other than 2 work trips in a row that made for a bad mess
TBH I've never automated anything beyond an ATO and lights but I work right by my house and never go on vacation anywhere or work trips. So I have no idea how reliable the auto water changer units people build are. I'm sure you can add fail-safes though probably better than having the same issue again if you have to go away for work imo.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new