New Clownfish getting right along with my existing one!

Dad2Wyatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got my first clownfish a couple months ago, and special ordered a a black ocellaris that was not in stock.

Then I found out about QT’ing fish and asked my LFS if they could hold the 2nd clown once it came in until I can get a QT tank set up.

well LFS called me today informing me that they couldn’t hold the fish any longer due to new policies and that I needed to come pick up or they would not be liable for it.

well I get to the fish store and they had ordered a different type of designer clown, but refunded me half of my payment due to the error.

Thankfully all of their fish are QT before being put into display tanks so I went ahead and added this little guy.

He seemed to be the bully at the LFS. He wasn’t the largest clown in the tank but was picking on the smaller ones.

Put him in with my tank and my larger, established clown started establishing dominance immediately, and the new clown started spasming out. Did some research and while it didn’t seem 100% agreed upon, a lot of people tended to agree that the new clown was submitting to established.

Figured I’d come on here and see what you guys think? The video doesn’t show the spasms too well but is included nonetheless

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No video made it on here. Keep in mind that fish behave more while being watched than when left alone. Just watch for further aggression or signs of fighting like nipped fins or not eating.

OP
OP
Dad2Wyatt

Dad2Wyatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No video made it on here. Keep in mind that fish behave more while being watched than when left alone. Just watch for further aggression or signs of fighting like nipped fins or not eating.
Just realized the video won’t upload. Odd! But will definitely do! I’m trying to sneak into the room unnoticed and see their actions! I definitely noticed they act different when I come in. Big one always thinks it’s time to eat

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back