New fish mom :)

Zeezah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a 55gal tank with a Lunare Wrasse, Sailfin Tang and a Niger Trigger. Also 3 Hermit Crabs. I joined the forum because of my Lunare Wrasse, he changes color and I wanted to know if that is him changing sex, is unhappy or what. He has had several homes before us and is my fish, I will do whatever I can to make sure he is happy and healthy. I know my tank is too small we do plan to upgrade.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and your new reefing family. Might I suggest you take a few pictures of the Wrasse and create a new thread in the fish discussion forum. Give as many details as you can. There are a bunch of talented people there that can offer solid advice and you'll get more specific information.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/fish-discussion.56/

OP
OP
Zeezah

Zeezah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and your new reefing family. Might I suggest you take a few pictures of the Wrasse and create a new thread in the fish discussion forum. Give as many details as you can. There are a bunch of talented people there that can offer solid advice and you'll get more specific information.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/fish-discussion.56/

I have taken before pictures but haven't yet been able to get an altered state picture. Will work on that!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
tumblr_o3y4pherIa1s3h43ko1_500.gif

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your wrasse has the ability to change from green to blue....blue being it's more aggressive coloration (like an alpha male thing).

Thank you for upgrading.....you're looking at three fish that get pretty big....a 180 is too small in my mind.

Oh, and welcome to R2R. :D

OP
OP
Zeezah

Zeezah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your wrasse has the ability to change from green to blue....blue being it's more aggressive coloration (like an alpha male thing).

Thank you for upgrading.....you're looking at three fish that get pretty big....a 180 is too small in my mind.

I thought so but with no immediate changes in the tank I couldn't place the behavior as aggression. My tank is waaaaaaay too small. We plan on upgrading soon.

OP
OP
Zeezah

Zeezah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome and thanks for joining.

Would love to have you tell us more about your current tank, AND......, start a build thread when you start your upgrade!

It's been so much fun to see these guys interact!! We had 3 scooter blennies which were fine until we decided to introduce a diamond cleaner goby, which didn't go well. My Wrasse killed it then started in on the blennies we brought in the Niger Trigger to try and balance the Wrasse but he still went after the blennies. I pulled them but one didnt make it, the other two are now happy and healthy in my sister's tank. My Wrasse and Sailfin have bonded I think, the Wrasse will pick up pellets from the bottom and swim infront of the Sailfin and spit them out. The Sailfin then eats them. They also sleep together. If there are any changes to or near The tank The Wrasse will herd The Sailfin to their spot for a bit while he checks it out. The Niger is kind of a pig, he hangs out in his spot in the faux coral tower until I feed them then he is out and eating everything he can get.

OP
OP
Zeezah

Zeezah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20180411_142929.jpg

OP
OP
Zeezah

Zeezah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a picture of him "changed" if you will.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back