New GHL gears showed at Reef-A-Palooza

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Lucas815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was posted on Facebook by GHL yesterday.

• Maxi doser 2.2 showcased in real. Old news but great to know it's still coming
  • Versia stream pump. It's a rebranded Sicce Xstream SDC.
  • Versia return pump. It's a rebranded Sicce Syncra SDC 6, 7 and 9
  • Versia controller. This looks brand new from GHL, and seems to be able to power multiple pumps from a single controller. Yay less power bricks!

I think this is great, and will improve a lot the GHL ecosystem. I have Ecotech pumps and don't like having them separate from my Profilux.

I would have preferred brand new designs from GHL, but Sicce makes great pumps with long warranty and I have confidence that they received the GHL "seal of approval".

Just missing the auto feeder now!

Last edited:

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was posted on Facebook by GHL yesterday.

• Maxi doser 2.2 showcased in real. Old news but great to know it's still coming
  • Versia stream pump. It's a rebranded Sicce Xstream SDC.
  • Versia return pump. It's a rebranded Sicce Syncra SDC 6, 7 and 9
  • Versia controller. This looks brand new from GHL, and seems to be able to power multiple pumps from a single controller. Yay less power bricks!

I think this is great, and will improve a lot the GHL ecosystem. I have Ecotech pumps and don't like having them separate from my Profilux.

I would have preferred brand new designs from GHL, but Sicce makes great pumps with long warranty and I have confidence that they received the GHL "seal of approval".

Just missing the auto feeder now!

Take a look at the Avast Plank. I've been using one with my GHL Profilux and it works great. It's not cheap but nothing in this hobby is anymore.

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at the Avast Plank. I've been using one with my GHL Profilux and it works great. It's not cheap but nothing in this hobby is anymore.
I just got an Avast Plank a few days ago. I agree....it works nicely and is a perfect complement for a GHL Profilux. Switch channels turn it off and on. There are two power cords, one for the auger that dispenses the food and one for a tiny Sicce mixing pump. I may do away with the mixing pump when I go away for a long period of time so there is no chance of any food getting clogged. Still looking forward to seeing GHL's when it is available, though!

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Ecotech pumps and don't like having them separate from my Profilux.
Please explain this???? I have 4 mp40's that run on a P4. Actually better than the vortech programming. Never mind the occasional glitch where the module "forgets" and loses contact with the P4. Other than that they run fine.

ReefingIsMyTherapy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please explain this???? I have 4 mp40's that run on a P4. Actually better than the vortech programming. Never mind the occasional glitch where the module "forgets" and loses contact with the P4. Other than that they run fine.
what's your secret sauce? Did you have to downgrade the firmware on your MP40s to control them with your P4? I'm currently using the Mobius app to control them.

OP
OP
Lucas815

Lucas815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are running on Mobius firmware, and I dont want to risk the downgrade procedure.

Also, my return pump is a Vectra M2 and it can only be managed with Mobius. I like having the MP40s and the return pump all activate feed mode at the same time.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what's your secret sauce? Did you have to downgrade the firmware on your MP40s to control them with your P4? I'm currently using the Mobius app to control them.
Nothing secret here. Ghl mages a Vortech controller.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well.... There goes that then. I thought you could still downgrade the firmware. Guess I got all mine at the right time. When these die it'll be Tunze time.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the advantage of using the Profilux to control your Vortechs as opposed to just using the Vortech controllers?
for example :
linked feed pause,
linked maintenances
same interface
control with Profilux Touch

mard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a little DIY project, I created a couple micro-controller libraries to control my MP40 via a 0-10V from my P4. Check out the thread here. The ESP32 has been the working consistently for months. I've got it programmed for my feeding (including auto-feeding) pauses and maintenance pauses.

Phyrenite

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just hope my current sicce xstreams and sdc equipment will be compatible and controllable with the ghl app.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just hope my current sicce xstreams and sdc equipment will be compatible and controllable with the ghl app.

I hope so also and also add the programming to be able to set a target flow and have the controller maintain that.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back