New Guy from ["Upstate"] NY

livingstone

Dan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeremy from Syracuse's 'ABC Reefs' informed me about Reef2Reef so here I am. I'm from Oneonta and have a brand new system of about 250 gallons of water. The tanks in the system's circulation are, 150 gallon (3'x3') display, 90 gallon sump, and a 65 gallon refugium. During the latter part of last week I introduced chaetomorpha and a number of snails to the refugium and a Stonogobiops yasha pair along with their accompanying red banded pistol shrimp to the display tank. At my best estimation, there is 250 lbs of live rock in the system; the display tank holds over 200 lbs of Vanuatu, the refugium holds 17 lbs Bali plus some smaller Vanuatu pieces (10 to 15 lbs), and the sump holds about 15 lbs Bali Alor--and about 5 more lbs of this to be introduced to the sump this evening.

This week is light canopy construction time so soon I will be able to support some zooxanthellae.

I will update the photos on my site--I think the url is in my profile somewhere--as soon as I can take the time to set up for some decent shots and get them posted.

I trust this site will be of value to me and vice versa.

Thanks,
Dan

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!

bushh23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!! Cant wait to see updated shots of your tank. The Homepage is very detailed and may i ask what you use the booster pump for?

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

OP
OP
livingstone

livingstone

Dan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!! Cant wait to see updated shots of your tank. The Homepage is very detailed and may i ask what you use the booster pump for?

Oh that's right--I even put that in the photos. I haven't actually had time to install it yet. Its purpose is to bring up the water pressure on my RO membranes to what it is supposed to be. My household well water pump/system is providing only about 40 psi to the membrane and it reportedly works better, more efficiently, with less waste water, at 60 psi.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back