OP
OP
T

The_Mussidae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All branching Euphyllia, and only the two..
I would love to swap for some other colors at some point. The stuff grows like a weed but I love em! I have seen some vivid orange ones ($$$) I'd give up everything in the tank for some!

OP
OP
T

The_Mussidae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the teal hammer. It was kinda expensive when I got it. It was sold as a "rare" one. I haven't seen many of them but I don't know that it is that rare..

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to try to do a Euphyllia garden. I have 3 branching torches, 1 wall hammer, 1 branching hammer, and 1 cristata. Still want some frog or octo. I forget what types dont play well. I think its the octospawn and frogspawn that dont like to be close to other euphyllias. While torch, hammer, and grape are safe close together.

OP
OP
T

The_Mussidae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be awsome! Torch is on my short list.. the only problem is they can strech a bit further then the rest. If I keep them on the downstream end kinda like they are in my tank they should be ok. Some long tenticals right out the middle of the group would be cool...

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Nice to meet you @The_Mussidae !* Nice set-up! The Euphyllia colony is impressive.It looks like you have a nice open brain on the sand bed as well.Thank you for sharing.

1472622406048.jpg

OP
OP
T

The_Mussidae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Nice to meet you @The_Mussidae !* Nice set-up! The Euphyllia colony is impressive.It looks like you have a nice open brain on the sand bed as well.Thank you for sharing.

1472622406048.jpg
That brain was from my first batch of coral that got me started. It's been trough hell and back on several occasions. About 90% detached from skeleton about two years back during some water quality problems in a frag tank I had. Put it back in main tank and been nursing it back it looks really good for a while and then looks like I'm gonna lose it. Then when I think k it's a goner it comes back.
20161201_130658.jpg

You can see in pic where it came lose. After it happened it pulled it out and cut off excess where it obviously what's going to grow back and cut off sharp spots to avoid tearing fleah. It is growing again and has some new skeleton chunks to underside. I may putt it out for better pics if anyone cares. It's a boring coral, no special color, but has some sentimental value being first one..
Sorry for crappy pic..

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That brain was from my first batch of coral that got me started. It's been trough hell and back on several occasions. About 90% detached from skeleton about two years back during some water quality problems in a frag tank I had. Put it back in main tank and been nursing it back it looks really good for a while and then looks like I'm gonna lose it. Then when I think k it's a goner it comes back.
20161201_130658.jpg

You can see in pic where it came lose. After it happened it pulled it out and cut off excess where it obviously what's going to grow back and cut off sharp spots to avoid tearing fleah. It is growing again and has some new skeleton chunks to underside. I may putt it out for better pics if anyone cares. It's a boring coral, no special color, but has some sentimental value being first one..
Sorry for crappy pic..

I wouldn't sell it short.It's amazing that you were able to big it back! Keep up the good work.

DSCF8181.JPG

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 161 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 128 34.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 56 15.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 20 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back