New guy here

AndrewB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. Andrew in Atlanta, Georgia here.

I have limited saltwater experience. In college about 15 years ago I had some success with a nano cube and all soft corals. After moving around the country and apartment living I've returned home. This time I've settled in and decided to revisit reefing. Things have changed to say the least.

The tank. It's been up and running about 6 months. It's a 40g IM. I have the wavelink and a hydor powerhead to move water. A ghost skimmer. Kessil a160 blue and a 24" current orbit for lighting.

Stocked with 30ish lbs live rock, 30lbs live sand. As far as critters, swimmers, and other life forms goes I have a typical clean-up crew of mixed snails, 6 hermits, 1 emerald crab, 3 pep shrimp, and a brittle star. Swimming around are a pair of cinnamon clowns, a pair of onyx percs, a blue damsel and a flame angel.

My corals. A couple paly colonies, xenia sprigs, toadstool, branched hammer, favia?, red flowerpot and 2 bulb tip anemones. (Not coral, I know)

I will likely have a load of questions. I check my parameters and they seem to fall in the recommended ranges. I change water religiously. I feed fish pretty often; 4 days a week I'd say. Target feeding corals once a week with oyster feast or roids.

Looking forward to learning and making the best of what i got.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!
tenor (1).gif
#WelcometoR2R

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R:) welcome back to the hobby ;) patience and patience and more patience mixed with research with asking a lot of questions is the best advise I could give you. There are a lot of really kind people here that can help you by there successes and failures!

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R:) welcome back to the hobby ;) patience and patience and more patience mixed with research with asking a lot of questions is the best advise I could give you. There are a lot of really kind people here that can help you by there successes and failures!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back