New H. magnifica just arrived

  • Thread starter Thread starter aherre07
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Love those anemones!
 
I wanted to update this thread with a small update on how the mag is doing. I started feeding the nem some shrimp once a week two weeks ago and the nem is doing well.

20180502_205807.jpg
20180502_205814.jpg
20180502_205814.jpg
20180502_205807.jpg
 
Glad to say that this mag is only getting better and better as time passes. It will soon be 2 months that I have had this new and I will say that the tips on this thing have gotten really bright. They are getting their color back and have turned more yellow/green in color. I can't wait to see how much more color it can get.
 
Thanks for the update. It looks great. I don't believe you ever had to treat this one with antibiotics, did you?

Is the foot color purple?
 
Never treated with any cipro or other meds. Yes the base is still a deep purple. I would get some pics but battling some algae issues due to my auto feeder dumping half of the pellets in the tank at once.
 
Thanks for pointing out that thread. That's a beautiful mag. Do you still have it?
 
Here are some pics I took of the mag this morning as lights were coming on. Please disregard the algae on the rocks I am slowly but surely winning the battle.

20180529_123135.jpg
20180529_123132.jpg
 
Man oh man....congrats
 
looking good. I guess you did not continue to feed him weekly. Do you still feeding him?
 
I still feed it just not weekly. I started to feed the tank more heavily and so it gets food from the water column. Then every so often I will feed it a piece of shrimp.
 
My lights consist of ai sol blue LEDs and a 4x80 watt T5 with ATI bulbs 2 aquablue specials, 1 blue plus, and 1 Purple plus bulb. The blue LEDs are run at 80% and whites at 65%.
Hey @aherre07 check out my Mag I just got from Blue Zoo. This is my second one from them. Last one had a Red base. This one is Tan but that’s ok. Waiting to see if I’m going to Cipro or not.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new