Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up my first tang ever.
give me all the advice!!

got it in QT now.
3 year old Hawaiian Yellow tang I got from a guy shutting his tank down. Only set me back 150. So pretty good grab I think.
Plan to feed nori in a nori mesh pouch every day (leaving it in till it’s gone, only feeding small amount)
Only tank mates are 2 clowns, goby/pistol pair.

running a 2 week QT for observation. If I notice any ich or parasite signs I’ll move to a copper based QT/ feed parasite killing meds

00568940-B922-4C1E-BBC8-014EA6DB3110.jpeg

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am selling my Yellow Tang, Flame Hawk, File Fish, bonded pair four stripe Damsels, bonded pair Clowns and all the live rock in my 75 for $300. All 5-7 years old. I am getting out of the hobby and going to African Cichlids.

I think you got a good deal. When I purchased my Tang it was skin and bones with shredded fins, the size of a half dollar. I just temp aclimated and dropped him in my 47 gallon bowfront at the time, now he is fat and happy, never got sick and is boss of the tank. Within a year after I upgraded to the 75.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I am selling my Yellow Tang, Flame Hawk, File Fish, bonded pair four stripe Damsels, bonded pair Clowns and all the live rock in my 75 for $300. All 5-7 years old. I am getting out of the hobby and going to African Cichlids.

I think you got a good deal. When I purchased my Tang it was skin and bones with shredded fins, the size of a half dollar. I just temp aclimated and dropped him in my 47 gallon bowfront at the time, now he is fat and happy, never got sick and is boss of the tank. Within a year after I upgraded to the 75.
I want that tang- Never enough in my tank :D

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Just picked up my first tang ever.
give me all the advice!!

got it in QT now.
3 year old Hawaiian Yellow tang I got from a guy shutting his tank down. Only set me back 150. So pretty good grab I think.
Plan to feed nori in a nori mesh pouch every day (leaving it in till it’s gone, only feeding small amount)
Only tank mates are 2 clowns, goby/pistol pair.

running a 2 week QT for observation. If I notice any ich or parasite signs I’ll move to a copper based QT/ feed parasite killing meds

00568940-B922-4C1E-BBC8-014EA6DB3110.jpeg
Fish looks good and price also is great. The best fish is often pre-owned versus wild caught. It is likely used to foods already as well as our water conditions making this a winner
With it being pre-owned, quarantine was smart and can be shortened running coppersafe at 2.25 for 2-3 weeks. Be sure to test copper levels.

Some foods to be feed will be any or all of these:

LRS herbivore diet
Formula 2 flake and frozen
TDO Pellets
small plankton
Hikari Marine cuisine
Ocean nutrition veggie diet
spirulina brine shrimp
mysis shrimp
Prime reef
Nori seaweed basted with garlic extract

Add selcon vitamins to foods occasionally

1678571086361.png

OP
OP
G

Gadbery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish looks good and price also is great. The best fish is often pre-owned versus wild caught. It is likely used to foods already as well as our water conditions making this a winner
With it being pre-owned, quarantine was smart and can be shortened running coppersafe at 2.25 for 2-3 weeks. Be sure to test copper levels.

Some foods to be feed will be any or all of these:

LRS herbivore diet
Formula 2 flake and frozen
TDO Pellets
small plankton
Hikari Marine cuisine
Ocean nutrition veggie diet
spirulina brine shrimp
mysis shrimp
Prime reef
Nori seaweed basted with garlic extract

Add selcon vitamins to foods occasionally

1678571086361.png
I will most definitely grab some of that. I have nori and garlic already. I’ll look and grab some of the other stuff.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back