New here, old salty reefer again

cmor1701d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I'm an old time saltwater guy for about 20years now. Used to be on RC and saltwater fish back in the mid 200’s and looking to join an active community besides the social media sites. R2R seems to fit the bill. Been lurking for awhile on here but ready to be more active. :cool:
Welcome to R2R. I used to be very active on the beginners Aquarium Advice forum back in the day. I came here for more advanced topics.
I'm just starting a new tank and this is definitely the best place to come to for advice, discussion, meeting fellow hobbyists, etc.

Big Smelly fish

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
46C709EA-BDE9-4A5B-A3A0-3CF58C0C725E.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I'm an old time saltwater guy for about 20years now. Used to be on RC and saltwater fish back in the mid 200’s and looking to join an active community besides the social media sites. R2R seems to fit the bill. Been lurking for awhile on here but ready to be more active. :cool:

Welcome! Glad you joined. Sounds like you are going to fit right in here!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Florida:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome …
Reef central …. Those were the days ( mid 90’s is when I started ). limited information , crappy internet .
the best was hanging out one of very few lfs that actually had saltwater and they clearly didn’t know too much about saltwater

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Welcome! This is a great community. Looking forward to your experiences you're going to be sharing along the way. Thanks for joining us s!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back