0   0   0
Welcome aboard
ZomboMeme 07022021113235.jpg

Magic City Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I had a Sebae for a couple of weeks but it never really got happy in my tank. I'm not really able to offer much help because I could never narrow it down to a root cause. However, I can say that I got a bubble-tip anemone after the Sebae, and that one is extremely happy and constantly reproducing.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I’m new to this forum. I’ve been involved in saltwater aquariums for about two years and still learning! I have a 30 gal with 5 fish a new sebae Anenome which I need help with. I’ve had him for about 4 days and bout some krill to feed him and he won’t take it. So I don’t know what else I should try and I don’t want him to die. Any advice? I will post some pics later of my tank….advice for the best temperature to keep the water. Not sure what I have it on now I need to check. We’ll look forward to being a part of this group! Thanks
Maybe the krill are too big

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I’m new to this forum. I’ve been involved in saltwater aquariums for about two years and still learning! I have a 30 gal with 5 fish a new sebae Anenome which I need help with. I’ve had him for about 4 days and bout some krill to feed him and he won’t take it. So I don’t know what else I should try and I don’t want him to die. Any advice? I will post some pics later of my tank….advice for the best temperature to keep the water. Not sure what I have it on now I need to check. We’ll look forward to being a part of this group! Thanks
No I have two clowns but no host. What do you suggest?
Search R2R for anemone hosting for recommendations. Some people recommend getting a tube and put the clown in the tube and position the tube over the anemone.

Hi Michelle and Welcome! Glad you joined.

I'm Lisa and feeding anemones is often tiny bit and weekly or monthly. At one point I had 13 but scaling back as corals keep getting killed my moving, stretching anemones.

Like already discussed, your LIGHT is what feeds them but that light color likely every couple weeks give like pinky nail bit of frozen clam sliced (clam has more balanced nutrition that some other frozen and thawed options like shrimp, per Paul B). Give your anemone at least several weeks to settle into new home.

@PeterC99 always has great tips! Typically people think of pipe with sponge (search anemone cannon or PM me if you need link) for MOVING anemone, but forcing clown to rest on anemone if it wants to stop swimming is likely a faster way to have the anemone host the clown (clown doesn't host... otherwise anemone would be on clown's back (fun visual - someone made a graphic but can't find it - funny!). Other slower methods that also work are finding photo of clown like yours in anemone like yours, print out and tape to tank to teach clown. Someone else played video on laptop near tank to clue in the clown. I'm going to add Peter's tip to my bag of tips.

'Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 72267.png
    72267.png
    57 KB · Views: 20

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back