New Jebao OW-25

McArcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are pretty darn quiet. One issue I'm still trying to figure out, though is the controller. If the pumps have no electronics in them, does that mean the Jebao to Apex adapter will not work without some kind of mod? I bought one when I bought my pumps and the pumps will not run on it. Either the adapter is defective, or the changes they made means the same adapter that worked with the older Jebaos will not work with these.

Teufel72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are pretty darn quiet. One issue I'm still trying to figure out, though is the controller. If the pumps have no electronics in them, does that mean the Jebao to Apex adapter will not work without some kind of mod? I bought one when I bought my pumps and the pumps will not run on it. Either the adapter is defective, or the changes they made means the same adapter that worked with the older Jebaos will not work with these.

From what i read you are right. you now need the AQlink A1 for each pump...

McArcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what i read you are right. you now need the AQlink A1 for each pump...

I wanted to try to figure out a way to mod the controllers to make it work, but my electrical engineering skills are severely lacking so I ended up just buying two PP4s instead.
Know anybody who is looking for two OW-25s? They move a ton of water and are really quiet.

Dan Cyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the older PP-8 and 2 of the PP-4's and the new OW-25, but they do not sink with each other using the master/slave feature. My controller for 1 of the PP-4's just went on the fritz after 2 years, so I bought another OW-25 to have the 2 newer linked and still have my 2 older PP's (ha, he said pp) linked. I stink at math, but by my calculations I am still ahead of the game buying these units over the big name brands, even with 1 going on the fritz after 2 years. I'm not saying the big names are not better, just my personal choice to not buy them.... to each their own as my grandma used to say! ;)

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao pumps will last a long time if cleaned monthly. I’m still using 2 WP10s on a 29 gallon that has been up for 4+ years.

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man a new model already. I just got my PP8 pumps. Liking them so far, they move a lot of water. Have a slight hum to them as they ramp up and down or turn on and off in different modes. Its not too bad though and I hate noisy pumps. They could be quieter since dead silent pumps are always nice. If m my PP8 die I will look at these OW pumps if they are quieter.

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have yet to see a 20 series Jebao last more than a year..... Great pumps for the budget minded reefer but I sure wouldnt trust one as a return pump.

Dan Cyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a PP20 and ended up taking it out of my 4ft 150 because even on the low setting it would blast sand all over. Ended up getting the OW-25 and am happy with it turned up a bit

OP
OP
B

blebs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
6 months in and pumps working great and still nearly completely silent. Did a good cleaning and didnt realize how much the intake had clogged up and getting fantastic water movement again. I recently had to setup the mp10 in a QT tank and had forgotten how annoying and loud that pump whine was.

I think one of the biggest advantages that I noticed was simply from flow coming from 2 different sources and pointed at towards each other. Of course you can do that with a vortech as well, but man that is pricey. Having opposite direction of flow causes significant turbulent flow when the 2 water jets hit each other. You cannot get this same type of flow with 1 pump no matter how fast or strong it is.

The only downside I see compared to the vortechs are the cable in the water, which I got over very quickly, and the width of the flow is narrower than the mp10, but the head is directional which makes up for it.

I am strongly considering another ow-25 for 3 total, and its not because the flow is lacking, but my sps love the increased flow.

Dominic Prezwanski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 50 cube. Would you guys say;
One OW-25 or a 40 suffice?
Maybe two ow-25’s?
Or two 40’s?

I have read I won’t be able to connect these to the apex Call ntroller when I get there one day.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 months in and pumps working great and still nearly completely silent. Did a good cleaning and didnt realize how much the intake had clogged up and getting fantastic water movement again. I recently had to setup the mp10 in a QT tank and had forgotten how annoying and loud that pump whine was.

I think one of the biggest advantages that I noticed was simply from flow coming from 2 different sources and pointed at towards each other. Of course you can do that with a vortech as well, but man that is pricey. Having opposite direction of flow causes significant turbulent flow when the 2 water jets hit each other. You cannot get this same type of flow with 1 pump no matter how fast or strong it is.

The only downside I see compared to the vortechs are the cable in the water, which I got over very quickly, and the width of the flow is narrower than the mp10, but the head is directional which makes up for it.

I am strongly considering another ow-25 for 3 total, and its not because the flow is lacking, but my sps love the increased flow.

Thanks for the update! I will give it a try once my 300G is up and running.

McArcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 50 cube. Would you guys say;
One OW-25 or a 40 suffice?
Maybe two ow-25’s?
Or two 40’s?

I have read I won’t be able to connect these to the apex Call ntroller when I get there one day.

Depends on what you have in your tank. I ended up trading down to pp4s from the ow-25s on my 40 breeder because it was too much flow. But I have lots of LPS. If you keep mostly SPS, the 25s will probably work fine.
You are correct about the Apex. They may have a solution by the time you get one, though.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got two OW25 and I have to say they are actually quiet. I had to put my ear next to the pump touching them to hear the noise when they are pulsing at 100%. This is significantly quieter than the PP series. I am glad to see Jebao is actually doing some R&D over time instead of just copying others. For $60ish this is a great buy.

Dominic Prezwanski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got two OW25 and I have to say they are actually quiet. I had to put my ear next to the pump touching them to hear the noise when they are pulsing at 100%. This is significantly quieter than the PP series. I am glad to see Jebao is actually doing some R&D over time instead of just copying others. For $60ish this is a great buy.
What size tank are you running these on?

VbReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regarding OW series.
I have 4 PP series running in my 210 via 2 jbwave controllers.
After 2 years one of my Pp-8s bit the dust.
Just ordered an OW-25 to replace it but after reading this i fear it may not work with the jbwave controller. Seems he may have quit making these as well. Great addition to a multiple jebao powerhead setup. Got rid of all the sync issues with 4 powerheads in same tank or even in close proximity . 2x PP-8 and 2x PP-15.
Worst case I'll sell the OW locally and order another PP-8.

Will update

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regarding OW series.
I have 4 PP series running in my 210 via 2 jbwave controllers.
After 2 years one of my Pp-8s bit the dust.
Just ordered an OW-25 to replace it but after reading this i fear it may not work with the jbwave controller. Seems he may have quit making these as well. Great addition to a multiple jebao powerhead setup. Got rid of all the sync issues with 4 powerheads in same tank or even in close proximity . 2x PP-8 and 2x PP-15.
Worst case I'll sell the OW locally and order another PP-8.

Will update

What did you figure out? Same here running JBWave and 2x PP4 and would like to got to OW25 with my new tank but will go PP8 if they don’t work.

kamla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys,

how is the are Jebao OW's performing?

any issues?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back