OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I simply love masstick !!! It has been quite sometime since I have been ever so excited about a fish food .
Masstick by EasyReef makes it so easy for people with busy schedule keep their tank heavily fed all day . It allows my tangs and butterflies to graze for hours .
Moreover it’s so easy for my wife too to feed the tank now and not having to deal with thawing of frozen food every time .
Tank gets at least 3-4 times of masstick, each time the blobs last atleast an hour . It gets a little expensive to use at such a large amount as I do but keeps my fishes eating something for over 8-10 hours .

And yes , it’s great of corals too or at least I believe so ;)

Small video towards the end of an hour of feeding of masstick :-

Regards,
Abhishek

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the vid ! ! My CBB and clowns love the stuff ! ! Haven't seen anyone else hitting on it as of yet but I feed them LRS at the same time so that might be why.

I mix 1/2 teaspoon with 1 ml rodi once a day for my blob ;)

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the vid ! ! My CBB and clowns love the stuff ! ! Haven't seen anyone else hitting on it as of yet but I feed them LRS at the same time so that might be why.

I mix 1/2 teaspoon with 1 ml rodi once a day for my blob ;)

May be your fishes are too busy eating the LRS ;)
Yeah I do mix Benepets to it sometimes and selcon too .
It took sometime for my tangs to realize that they can graze on it . But once they did , they are hooked on to it .

Regards,
Abhishek

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this bad habit of starting a build thread and then never following up on it .

So please pardon me !

Tank is chipping along nicely . No equipment changes although I should get my calcium reactor online . Just being lazy and co ringing Tropic Marin 3 part balling .

I have always been acro fanatic but I also love NPS corals especially gorgonians and dendros .
They have been historically hard to keep for me as am often not available but with my travel winding down , perfect time to ramp up on NPS in my acro tank .

Before you ask , no I don’t test for nutrients in my tank . Have like 10-15 urchins , tang gang , turbos and trochus to help with algae . If you don’t measure it , you won’t know it and it’s not a problem :D

So without much adieu , here’s a couple of my favs :-

Diodogorgia nodulifera:-

75E967EE-FEBD-4A86-A5D9-811232D84BA0.jpeg

Dendrophyllia :-

E49C03B7-8467-4BFC-8F52-CCBB5206FF64.jpeg

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! I have two of the same gorgs, got one of them a RAP. Was great meeting you there and congrats again on the win. Soooo, what did you buy with your winnings?

It was awesome meeting you at RAP too ! Well I haven't bought anything from WWC yet . Still waiting for the ones I want to show up on their website.

I want a WWC Somewhere Over The Rainbow, WWC Berry Blast and WWC After Party !

Its valid for 2 years - so I got sometime in my hand :)

Hopefully your gorgs are doing great .

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's quite a list! Yes, they are doing well. Been feeding a combo of Benepets reef food, Reef chili, phyto, and baby brine. Seems to be working so far.

Am doing almost the same although I should hatch baby brines too . Good you reminded me !

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes I see questions around over skimming and skimmer size .
Honestly to me it’s all about how much you feed the tank . If you feed heavy enough , I don’t see why can’t you run a skimmer rated for 500 gallons on a 100 gallon system .

I personally love my Lifereef SVS30 slimmer driven by a Fluval SP6 and air drawn by a mazzei Venturi .
It’s a beast and produces more skimmate than any Bubbleking even I had .

Here it is when setup :-

B55914CC-2901-4903-991F-991A9CA7146C.jpeg

But why believe me when you can see my skimmate of just days - around 3-4 gallons

9EE9301E-0E20-47BC-85C0-0CBE6907DC93.jpeg

63DB91F4-528E-4A04-A7CF-F47E585F2A25.jpeg

Its Not for the faint at heart to empty this !!!! But don’t ask how much I feed :D

One of the most important things I have found to keep my skimmer running great aside from maintenance is to keep my mazzei clean of salt creep . I pour hot water down the mazzei air intake once every 2-3 days and it works wonders !
If you never clean your skimmer atleast start pouring hot water down the air intake and see the difference in a month !!!

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the most important things I have found to keep my skimmer running great aside from maintenance is to keep my mazzei clean of salt creep . I pour hot water down the mazzei air intake once every 2-3 days and it works wonders !
If you never clean your skimmer atleast start pouring hot water down the air intake and see the difference in a month !!!

Important point here with the hot water in the air intake. It's a bit of needed maintenance to keep these Lifereef skimmer performing well. Which reminds me, I need to do that to my own!

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well finally today with a heavy heart , I elected myself to be removed from ReefSquad ! It has been a very painful decision but I wasn’t able to perform my duties and help others as I would have liked to due to personal commitments and drastic changes in life .
Finally the ReefSquad leaders were kind enough to accept my decision to step down as I would love to pass the torch to someone else who will perform the duties better than I did !!!

I still do have my ReefSquad T shirt though that I would always wear with pride

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now onto some happy things !!!

It has been so long since I got a coral shipment from my dearest friend Adam @Battlecorals. I started suffering from BattleCorals Withdrawl Syndrome ( BCWS) and had to give in to my cravings !!!

But this time I wanted Adam to surprise me instead of telling him all the high end ones he has and I don’t . Just like the old days when I started back on reefing and getting a battlebox !!!

But yeah I wanted mostly new ones that are unreleased and have tons of potential . Adam knows my likings so much that he sent me exactly what I have been craving for and the pack had 3 spaths !!!! I never see acropora spathulata being aquacultured often as it’s quite a tough species to get through quarantine , color yo and then grow . But if anyone can - it’s Adam !!!

So here’s my amazing high end surprise battlebox . This is probably the best I have ever received from Adam !

Am sure all of these will are it to the site but for now , let me gloat and take pride in having some unreleased signature BATTLECORALS acros

7BB1B236-6AA0-46CB-AE55-84AE314127D3.jpeg

Front Row (left to right):-

BC Bonfire Table
BC Rainbow Brite
BC Cricket Spine
BC Pillow Table
BC Reefers Cove Posion Envy

Back Row (left to right):-

BC Hot Heaven Spath
BC Dark Night Spath
BC Blood Orange Spath
BC Mother Ship Table
BC Dartboard

00645AD4-6EBA-4B23-BD10-0BCE7BFE2FE9.jpeg

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on this tank? Hope things are going well.

Thank you guys for still remembering me when I myself forgot ...

So bought a house just before covid and moved in March . Sadly lost all my colonies :(
The move didn’t go as planned . Huge bacterial spike killed most acro colonies and my beloved copperband pairs .
The rest of the fishes made it through fine ...

So what do you do when your whole tank crashes and you loose all your acros that you have babied for like 4-5 years ? You restart ....

Restart has happened and have started stocking it back again with help from Adam from @Battlecorals .

I do have plans to make a complete battle tank but will see how it goes .

This time absolutely bare bottom and having issues with Dinos and **** as expected . So chugging along .

However , only 1 acro colony made it through the crash and ideally it should have been the first one to die- my 4 year old DFS Pink Panther (grand child from Adam’s) and my slowest growing acro

7268FC9C-FD55-45ED-B2DB-B564540E22A8.jpeg

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to hear about the tank crash. Same thing happened with me when I moved last year. But, now I am starting a fresh with the new house build and hope it will go as planned. I planned for a smoothie dominated reef this time without any tenuis.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys for still remembering me when I myself forgot ...

So bought a house just before covid and moved in March . Sadly lost all my colonies :(
The move didn’t go as planned . Huge bacterial spike killed most acro colonies and my beloved copperband pairs .
The rest of the fishes made it through fine ...

So what do you do when your whole tank crashes and you loose all your acros that you have babied for like 4-5 years ? You restart ....

Restart has happened and have started stocking it back again with help from Adam from @Battlecorals .

I do have plans to make a complete battle tank but will see how it goes .

This time absolutely bare bottom and having issues with Dinos and **** as expected . So chugging along .

However , only 1 acro colony made it through the crash and ideally it should have been the first one to die- my 4 year old DFS Pink Panther (grand child from Adam’s) and my slowest growing acro

7268FC9C-FD55-45ED-B2DB-B564540E22A8.jpeg
I’m so sorry to hear that. I hope you get back on your feet soon. I’m also a dendro head but love acros too.

Back