New Lid Wont Fit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ammocan

Still Unknown
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my new lid for my Red Sea reefer 350 and it will not fit. There is not enough clearance for my power head wires. Are these made for Ecotech only? What are people doing when their power heads have wires?

Thanks,

Legal Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the lid frame material? If it's acrylic or polycarbonate I would just notch it out with a drill bit or grinder so it would fit snugly around the power cords.

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have powerheads with wires in the tank, typically you would ask to have AA notch out cord pass throughs - thats what I did on my lid for my 525xL. If you didnt have them cut notches for you when you ordered it, I would give them a call and see how they recommend cutting the notches into the lid yourself - just so you arent voiding your warranty or anything.

@ArtFully Acrylic

Legal Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The places I've seen that make the lids usually ask about power cords and anything else the lids need to fit around.

OP
OP
Ammocan

Ammocan

Still Unknown
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it would have been nice to know that ahead of time. Maybe they should add it as an option and they could even charge for it like everything else. Oh well I will have a brand new expensive lid with home made notches in it. Also looking at the quality of this they do not do anything extra like polishing, the routed edges are left raw.

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah it would have been nice to know that ahead of time. Maybe they should add it as an option and they could even charge for it like everything else. Oh well I will have a brand new expensive lid with home made notches in it. Also looking at the quality of this they do not do anything extra like polishing, the routed edges are left raw.
There is literally a drop down box on the order page for you to signify that you will need custom cut outs.

gashunk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is literally a drop down box on the order page for you to signify that you will need custom cut outs.

I was thinking the same thing it’s right there on the page lol

OP
OP
Ammocan

Ammocan

Still Unknown
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw that but it never crossed my mind to get custom cutouts for wires. I am just saying it would have been nice to see a line saying not to forget about the wires. Chalk it up to poor research on my part.

Thanks Guys

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my new lid for my Red Sea reefer 350 and it will not fit. There is not enough clearance for my power head wires. Are these made for Ecotech only? What are people doing when their power heads have wires?

Thanks,

You can email us at [email protected] with your order number for more precise assistance.

Cord cutouts are not included in any lid by default. Custom cutouts often include cutouts for light mounts, cord slots, auto feeders, etc.. If you selected YES to "custom cutouts required" option when you checked out then we would follow up with you to ask for the details/specs needed prior to programming the lid if they weren't provided in the order comments at checkout. If you selected NO to "custom cutouts required" option then your order would go straight to scheduling to be CNC cut.

If you requested the cutouts and we missed them we are happy to work with you to fix it. Alternatively, if you accidentally missed this at checkout, or don't want to send in your lid, adding cord cutouts is pretty easy and can be done pretty cleanly with as little as a small dremel and some sandpaper.

OP
OP
Ammocan

Ammocan

Still Unknown
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your response. Yes i did not think the cords would interfere because I did not know how the lid went on the tank. I used a Drexel and made my own notches. Maybe to help other folks you should add something to your website to remind them that there needs to be notches for the power head cords. The lid fits very nice and flush and it looks good on my Tank. Thanks again.

Kinettik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your response. Yes i did not think the cords would interfere because I did not know how the lid went on the tank. I used a Drexel and made my own notches. Maybe to help other folks you should add something to your website to remind them that there needs to be notches for the power head cords. The lid fits very nice and flush and it looks good on my Tank. Thanks again.

Most of us don't have wires for our powerheads inside the tank.....

FLAdaboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one and it was a planning process. AA was very responsive the entire time. They do tell you all of that on their site. Read and double check sometime.

You can also try routing the cords through the feed hole. Hopefully you got one of those.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back