New lighting by Radion for tank

mcgallagherc

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2022
Messages
331
Reaction score
195
Location
Mobile, al
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning on purchasing x2 radion G6 XR15s for tank. Its 48x24x24 and will be mixed reef with fish. No plans on SPS as of now. Still very new and have 2 older light bars across tank that switch from blue/white/off when I purchased my set up. Will I be happy with spending the money on these radions? Thanks
 
Unless Mobius goes down again :face-with-tears-of-joy: I have radions and love them but did not like mobius at all when I tried it. Fortunaly mine are 4th gen so I switched back to ecosmart live which also permits changing settings from anywhere you have internet. I think mobius was a step backwards not forward but starting with gen 5 your forced to use it.
 
My tank was professionally set up. Everything was previously enjoyed and removed from one of his clients house. He will be by Friday with 2 xr15 Gen 6 blues with arm mounts to put on for me Friday. I appreciate everyone's response and opinions. This guy installed and cares for our tank at work and have known for 7+ years says these lights are more than sufficient for what I want so I'll take his advice. Just always like to hear other opinions. I'll attach pics of work tank!
 

Attachments

  • 20190803_094233.jpg
    20190803_094233.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 20190802_204018.mp4
    5.7 MB
  • 20210813_090403.mp4
    20.3 MB
Decided not to wait until Friday when he could come by and hook them up so I ran by his house today and grabbed the new lights. Within 30 mins of having up and running the few corals I have looked 10x better! Now to figure out this app and light scheduling
 
Few new pics.
 

Attachments

  • 20220802_181017.jpg
    20220802_181017.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 20220802_181033.jpg
    20220802_181033.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 20220802_181126.jpg
    20220802_181126.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 20220802_181122.jpg
    20220802_181122.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 20220802_181231.jpg
    20220802_181231.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 20220802_181215.jpg
    20220802_181215.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 63

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new