New lights!

dlms1014

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cd083f3c294d571178672a35e4c25985.jpg

Just got these bad boys up! Love the new clean look. The fish are happy to get some good sun! So is all the coral!!

OP
OP
dlms1014

dlms1014

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have some good templates made for the Ecotech Gen 2 Radions? I see the ones that are on the website. I just wanted to know what some of the users recommend?

Ds04384

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have some good templates made for the Ecotech Gen 2 Radions? I see the ones that are on the website. I just wanted to know what some of the users recommend?

I use a modified SPS + AB one on their website. What program you run really depends on what you want to keep

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lights look sharp.

ReefLEDLights

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are fine for a tank of your depth. I like the clean look.

As far as tuning max out the 400-460nm spectrum as this is your primary Grow Spectrum and tune the rest to your specific taste...

For Clams and Anemones you need about 200 PAR on the Sand Bed.

Deeper Tanks would require you to double up the Radions or go with the Sirius XTC.

Bill

Last edited:

ReefLEDLights

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Achtung... Danger...Warning Will Robertson...

I noticed your over flow is only siphon...Back in the day been there and done that....

You have to monitor these constantly throughout the day as the second you look away it will loose its siphon and you will come home to a flooded carpet...

Highly recommend a reef overflow...Yes I know its a hassle as the tank is almost ready...

Just some food for thought as I've been in this hobby for a few decades... Google it and a power outage is the primary cause for loss of siphon and flooding once power is restored...

Bill

Last edited:
OP
OP
dlms1014

dlms1014

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as tuning max out the 400-460nm spectrum as this is your primary Grow Spectrum and tune the rest to your specific taste...

Bill

Thanks Bill. They do look pretty sleek. I have a controller that I haven't hooked up yet, but I have played around with a few setting on my computer and them synced them. They are pretty awesome lights. I accidentally put it on disco strobe seizure mode the other day messing with the buttons..what the heck is that mode supposed to do!?!

OP
OP
dlms1014

dlms1014

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Achtung... Danger...Warning Will Robertson...

You have to monitor these constantly throughout the day as the second you look away it will loose its siphon and you will come home to a flooded carpet...

I have read that some people have lost siphon with these, but it's a brand new eshopps overflow. I haven't had any problems losing siphon, other than one of the tubes going slow due to little output from my pump. But with a little fine tuning it keeps up with it, even with water changes it keeps with water staying on either side of the box.

Highly recommend a reef overflow...Yes I know its a hassle as the tank is almost ready...

Are you suggesting I drill it? I am breaking the tank down during a move in a few weeks and I was thinking about building an internal overflow. Any suggestions with that?

Bill

OP
OP
dlms1014

dlms1014

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Humm... ^ ...that didn't come out right did it..

ReefLEDLights

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The strobe is just a gimmick that can really freak out the fish.

With design their is always compromise. Our XTC is a traditional look which allows us to duct and optimize internal airflow which keeps the fixture very cool and allows for a more intense light.

Also please keep an eye on your overflow. Years back I had one and dealt with the regular mini flood.

Cheers

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back