View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
200.gif

WELCOME Saltynurse, i also started in marine biology then headed to medicine

Here are some resources you may like

If you like to read

If you prefer video’s. This video series is “5 minute guide”, good info. BRS TV has lots of different series.

Here’s a getting the most out of Reef2Reef link

DeepintheReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is this magical place, neighbor?! Welcome to the fishy family!!! Glad you are here.... we have a couple from the Lee / Charlotte area on here. Happy to have one more!
GIF by visitorlando
I live in Lee (Cape Coral) and do aquarium maintenance from Bradenton to Naples

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Lee (Cape Coral) and do aquarium maintenance from Bradenton to Naples
Great to know! I may reach out when (if) this new DT gets here. An extra set of eyes, hands and opinion setting up is not a bad thing.

lelandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. I just joined a few days ago and I'm already so thankful for you guys. So many quick responses on a few hitchhikers I found.

I studied Marine Biology in Graduate School, trained some dolphins, worked for the government, but eventually made my way into being a Registered Nurse. After testing water at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium 8 years ago, I decided to get two clownfish and they are still kicking it with me today. Until I find a new volunteer opportunity, I find taking care of my saltwater tank is my one connection to marine biology. I just moved and found an amazing coral store. They serve you beer, cocktails or coffee depending on the kind of day you've had lol. I've decided to dive into corals which is how I found this place. So much to learn! And so much money to spend! :oops:

Look forward to talking to everyone and helping out when I can!

2B522B8C-AF40-4C90-B3F0-BF0A9867B881.jpeg
I am visiting sanibel for a few weeks. Saw your post today and decided to go see that store. It is very nicely done. Very smart design, lots of good products, corals and information. I would think it’s the future of reef tank retail. I spoke with Thomas, he seemed quite knowledgeable and enthusiastic. And I had a cookie. Thanks for the tip

OP
OP
TheSaltyNurse

TheSaltyNurse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am visiting sanibel for a few weeks. Saw your post today and decided to go see that store. It is very nicely done. Very smart design, lots of good products, corals and information. I would think it’s the future of reef tank retail. I spoke with Thomas, he seemed quite knowledgeable and enthusiastic. And I had a cookie. Thanks for the tip
Hey. Glad you were able to stop by. I do love that is has an upscale feel. We spend a lot of money on this hobby so it does make sense that you would make a store look that way. Enjoy Sanibel.

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey and welcome! Glad you joined, and if you get bored maybe check out my YT channel!

IMG_1502.jpg

OP
OP
TheSaltyNurse

TheSaltyNurse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey and welcome! Glad you joined, and if you get bored maybe check out my YT channel!

IMG_1502.jpg
I will definitely check it out, thanks!

fishhead1973

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I’m in Lee county in Cape Coral. The store is called Seven Seas Aquatics. It is amazing! They have two locations, but the new location is 1490 NE Pine Island, Cape Coral Fl. Definitely check it out. I walked in and they had fresh baked cookies. Thought I was in the wrong place lol
been there before good people went the twice all the way from winter haven. I like shopping around.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. I just joined a few days ago and I'm already so thankful for you guys. So many quick responses on a few hitchhikers I found.

I studied Marine Biology in Graduate School, trained some dolphins, worked for the government, but eventually made my way into being a Registered Nurse. After testing water at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium 8 years ago, I decided to get two clownfish and they are still kicking it with me today. Until I find a new volunteer opportunity, I find taking care of my saltwater tank is my one connection to marine biology. I just moved and found an amazing coral store. They serve you beer, cocktails or coffee depending on the kind of day you've had lol. I've decided to dive into corals which is how I found this place. So much to learn! And so much money to spend! :oops:

Look forward to talking to everyone and helping out when I can!

2B522B8C-AF40-4C90-B3F0-BF0A9867B881.jpeg
Welcome!

You have a great story and love your fishy photo! Looking forward to seeing you around now that you have joined here

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big welcome! I used to volunteer at a science marine center. Always wanted to volunteer at my local aquarium but not enough time right now. Did u say free coffee at your.lfs? We love coffee here in seattle!
Lol
D

Attachments

• 20210323_221948.png
    20210323_221948.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
OP
OP
TheSaltyNurse

TheSaltyNurse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big welcome! I used to volunteer at a science marine center. Always wanted to volunteer at my local aquarium but not enough time right now. Did u say free coffee at your.lfs? We love coffee here in seattle!
Lol
D
Thank you! I volunteered at one aquarium and worked part time educating at another aquarium while in nursing school. I miss it! But I haven’t found anything close to where I live now. Free coffee and beer! Always a good time for coffee.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back