New member from So Cal

  • Thread starter Thread starter SKMoss
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
my advice would be:
If you're going to do it, might as well go with the bigger option. I know if I would have just gone with the bigger tank from the get go, I wouldn't have been in trouble twice with my wife! haha

but seriously, the larger the better, and if you have parameter swings, they won't be as harsh on the tank....

if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask us!!!

good luck and welcome!!!
 
Welcome back to the hobby - that commute must have been crazy - 4hrs!

Welcome Back 3.PNG
 
Welcome to R2R, we're glad to have you. I think either tank would be fine, but I might lean towards the 350. Make sure you start a build thread when you decide! Looking forward to seeing it come together.


Thanks for the welcome.

I'm also thinking about a DIY solution based around a 72 bow front. I do woodworking as a "living" now, and would enjoy the cabinet build. I already built sump/fuge from scratch for a nano that was my first tank. I could do that again easily.
 
Hi from So Cal. New member thinking about diving back into reef tank.

I was a proud owner of an Red Sea Max 65 gal before, but work and 4 hour daily commute cut into available time to enjoy it.

Life has changed and I’m working out of my home now. Looking at either the Red Sea Reefer 250 or 350. I’d be happy for advice and opinions.optons
Welcome, comrade
Automate what you can. Makes life easier.
 
Many new innovations over the past 5 years. We welcome you to R2R.
I assume you’re a member of Socali reefs?
 
Many new innovations over the past 5 years. We welcome you to R2R.
I assume you’re a member of Socali reefs?

I am not. Don’t know who they are. I did see some threads on the local reef clubs area and will investigate.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new