OP
InvertebratesRus

InvertebratesRus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's
Hi Jessica! Welcome to R2R, You should put together an article with your research folks on here would love it if you found another way to kill the pesky aptasias :)

giphy.gif
Hey that's a good idea I would like to share the information I've gathered. I really like shrimp for there corky personalities as well as there symbiotic relationship with moray eels and would like to encourage the subtropic reefing community that there are many really interesting species of shrimp out there they might consider for there tank.

Bryn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my name is jessica. I live on a sailboat in San Diego. A couple years ago I got into breeding marine shrimp. I started with Hippolyte californiensis and now I'm working on this second local species lysmata californica which ironically look like jumbo peppermint shrimp even down to there markings. I've joined this reading community to see if aquarium lovers might find intrest or value in these cool shrimp that are closely related to peppermints and to see if they might nibble on aptasia as well.

Screenshot_20200424-223310_Gallery.jpg

Wow, and I just got in the mail "How to Raise and Train Your Pepper Mint Shrimp". You can be a great resource, so please start sharing.

Oh, and welcome to R2R..

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my name is jessica. I live on a sailboat in San Diego. A couple years ago I got into breeding marine shrimp. I started with Hippolyte californiensis and now I'm working on this second local species lysmata californica which ironically look like jumbo peppermint shrimp even down to there markings. I've joined this reading community to see if aquarium lovers might find intrest or value in these cool shrimp that are closely related to peppermints and to see if they might nibble on aptasia as well.

Screenshot_20200424-223310_Gallery.jpg
Welcome to R2R Jessica. Love the shrimps.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for joining. Sounds really cool breeding shrimp.

An idea could be to post a thread asking reefers to mail you some aptasia. I’m sure you get about 5000 collected in a week. They could be double bagged in a ziplock baggie and mailed to you in an envelope and probably survive. A good idea would be to set up an extra tank with some spare live rock and put some shrimp in and see what happens over a few weeks.

1593045173588.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back