Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. :)

Anthia
Royal Gramma
Fire Fish
Reef safe Wrasse
Clowns (not always peaceful as they mature)
Potters and Coral Beauty Angels ( there is always a chance they will nip clams)
Yellow Watchman Goby

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Introduced last and housed with more out going fish such as clowns, it may be fine. You will not be able to add other Dottybacks, Fire Fish are probably out as well. You want to try to avoid fish with similar body types and coloration as the Orchid.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1926+1116&pcatid=1116

Most report that the Orchid is a much better candidate than the Purple Dottyback.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still love flame hawkfish and melanarus wrasse although they're both admittedly likely eventually to eat very small inverts so they're not truly invert safe. That said, I've found the melanarus well worth replacing my hermits and snails every year or so. A beautiful splash of green and pink/orange and the hawkfish an obvious beautiful red with a one of a kind temperament and abormal behavior/swimming to boot!

Neither should harm anything else -- I've even kept them with smaller shrimp like sexy and peppermint shrimp. But technically it's possible. Cleaner and larger shrimp will almost certainly be left alone.

Also, welcome home, you will love it here!

cbutkos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about the orchid dottyback ?
I have an orchids dottyback, was a model citizen until I added a diamond goby. He/she chases the goby all the time and kicks the goby out of its burrow all the time. It hasn't gotten really violent or anything, just kind of annoying to see. Like others have said it probably the similar body type. So just be careful of that.

OP
OP
Donna Peveto

Donna Peveto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

welcom.jpg

SantaMonicaHelp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I am 4 months in with my first reef tank. It's a 90 gallon tank. Can anyone tell me what colorful fish I can add that are peaceful and invert and coral safe ?

Hi Donna Peveto,

Welcome to the forum:)
Congratulations with your first tank!
Have you decided with a fish?

Zhenya

Poseidon84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well with the proper lighting a lawnmower blenny can be a really cool addition. mine changes colors and has really bright blue spots on his sides which really pop with my metalhalide pc acticnic lighting combo. if you have adjustable led lighting or even t5 ho with the proper spectrum you can also achieve this. also my yellow tang looks amazing under my lighting. almost a neon yellow

OP
OP
Donna Peveto

Donna Peveto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well with the proper lighting a lawnmower blenny can be a really cool addition. mine changes colors and has really bright blue spots on his sides which really pop with my metalhalide pc acticnic lighting combo. if you have adjustable led lighting or even t5 ho with the proper spectrum you can also achieve this. also my yellow tang looks amazing under my lighting. almost a neon yellow
I pretty much ruled them out because it says they can jump out of the tank and mine doesn't ( and can't have ) a top on it

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back