ElleGee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my name is Eleanor, I am in Australia have experience in freshwater and recently have been interested in saltwater. I want to start really slow and have been researching like crazy! Currently trying to acquire some stuff second hand, people locally are selling whole setups but I'm trying to be cautious. All I want to start is some live rock, two clownfish and an anemone at some point. I can't figure out a way to have my own RODI unit as I rent, I have a lfs that I trust who will sell me salt water and RO water for a fair price. I wanted to start a 150 litre and drill it and add a 120litre sump. But I'm currently negotiating with a guy for a 4ft that comes with live rock, a tank and cabinet, good quality lighting a sump, two protein skimmers and new tests kits foods etc. for only $450 as he's moving house and needs stuff gone asap. I have enjoyed reading posts here so far and already learnt a lot :)

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eleanor welcome to R2R. $450 is a great deal. We are here when you have questions and it will be exciting to see and read about your build:)

dowsetts101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Eleanor...I'm just starting out as well and soaking up lots of great information from all the knowledgeable bods on R2R.

I've drilled my tank and building sump now...and trying to find local suppliers for all the stuff everyone is talking about here...I'm in Melbourne so sometimes a bit hard to find local equivalents.

Good luck.

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Eleanor , too R2R .. these are the first two important lessons I had too learn when starting a reef aquarium ...patience is the key too success in a reef .. and also nothing good ever happens fast in a reef .. Happy reefing !!

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and yes, patience wins this race. Researching like crazy is a very good start.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

welcom.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back