OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update pic showing temporary fake corals added for color. Hoping to replace SPS/LPS corals in about 4 months. Still removing copper with Poly filters. Copper is now testing below 0.25 ppm.

Update pic.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update pic showing temporary fake corals added for color. Hoping to replace SPS/LPS corals in about 4 months. Still removing copper with Poly filters. Copper is now testing below 0.25 ppm.

Update pic.jpg

Wow the tank really look great. I alway enjoy update for your build:)

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful looking aquarium ? How are you liking the ATI PowerModule as your light choice ?
Thank you! I really like the ATI PowerModule. I am still running the default settings for now, but will change out t-5 bulbs and adjust lighting once I start adding SPS corals. The mounting kit allows for easy raising and lowering of lights for maintainance.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! It's taking a lot longer than I had anticipated because of the setbacks, but I guess I'm in no rush!

We all know what happens with reefing when we rush it:oops::(. I alway like seeing the system progress:)

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I really like the ATI PowerModule. I am still running the default settings for now, but will change out t-5 bulbs and adjust lighting once I start adding SPS corals. The mounting kit allows for easy raising and lowering of lights for maintainance.

That's great to know I have been strongly considering one of theses fixtures , or a Dimmable SunPower for my build . So that's very good to know thank you ;)

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Yellow tang and Orange shoulder tang are now back in the display and behaving themselves. I am continuing to remove copper from my system but have switched from using Poly-filters to Seachem's CupriSorb. I will be testing and leaving the CupriSorb in for addn 2 weeks after copper tests zero. I will use two more Poly-filters following the CupriSorb as these are color changing filters and will tell me if there is still undetectable amounts of copper still in my system.

update.JPG

kilgoretrout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I am super impressed with your office and tank. Sorry for all your troubles. It seems some tanks are just plagued no matter what. I read somewhere that ich can get airborne. I am not sure I believe it, but then there may be some truth to it.

Beautiful office as well.

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I am super impressed with your office and tank. Sorry for all your troubles. It seems some tanks are just plagued no matter what. I read somewhere that ich can get airborne. I am not sure I believe it, but then there may be some truth to it.

Beautiful office as well.
Thank you! I have not heard that but some fish are definitely more prone to ick and the added stress from aggression certainly does not help.

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I hooked up the chiller last week in anticipation of adding corals soon! We have centralized HVAC here at the office and the AC is turned off every weekend from Saturday afternoon to Sunday evening. Over the summer I have seen temps raise as much as 4 degrees to over 84 degrees. I have the chiller set to kick on above 82 degrees but the AC duct and vent hood located above the fish room and tank is able to maintain temps between 80-81 degrees except on weekends when it is turned off. I am currently leaving the fish room door open on weekends to vent hot air from chiller.

Chiller2.JPG
Chiller1.JPG
Copper1.JPG

Last edited:

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plumbing of both RODI and Mixing tanks are complete! I still have to hook up and program the DOS to do auto water changes.

IMG_8614.JPG
IMG_8615.JPG
IMG_8616.JPG
IMG_8617.JPG
IMG_8620.JPG

------------------------------------------------------

@Ortho281 - 1st, is this mixing station in a closet and if so, can you step back a few feet and tke a couple of pixs b/c I would like to see how you built it or if you're just using a closet?

I am getting ready to set up my saltwater mixing station next to my new SC Rimless 150 but instead of installing it in my garage, I am going to build a closet for my Saltwater mixing station to hold my two 25 gallon Ace Moto containers. I want to do it like your how you have it Vertical instead of the storage barrels sitting next to each other. Here is a shot of mine but I haven't glued anything together since I might want to build the cabinet over the stand with the barrels sitting vertically.

IMG_5735.JPG

IMG_5737.JPG

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still like coming here and seeing the progress and new gadgets.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Yellow tang and Orange shoulder tang are now back in the display and behaving themselves. I am continuing to remove copper from my system but have switched from using Poly-filters to Seachem's CupriSorb. I will be testing and leaving the CupriSorb in for addn 2 weeks after copper tests zero. I will use two more Poly-filters following the CupriSorb as these are color changing filters and will tell me if there is still undetectable amounts of copper still in my system.

update.JPG
Aren’t you worried about the copper leeching into the rock? Or are going to remove the rock and sand

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 16.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 55 44.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back