vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Amazonas 960 iCon Aquarium LED Lighting just released​

Perfect spread for wide/ cube SPS & LPS aquarium

Most powerful 320Watt and Wide Spectrum from true UV (380nm – 700nm)

Groundbreaking technology 1000% full spectrum dimming control system

Revolutionary Orphek matrix mix color 80W LED

Mesmerizing Sun shimmering effect

Advanced Intelligent connectivity

Exceptional durability – IP67 certified – waterproof protection to the most extreme environments

Unprecedented & unparalleled versatility fitting several applications, layouts, environments with several customization options

Incredible easy mounting installation with plug and with adjustable rotational metal bracket, extremely stable and reliable – You can easily install it on the ceiling, walls and other locations by adjusting the different angles (180 degrees) to meet your different needs

Orphek-Amazonas-960-iCon-reef-aquarium-led-lighting-

TAKE A LEAP INTO THE FUTURE

Amazonas 960 iCon is THE STAR of the AMAZONAS SERIES because it is one of the most versatile and most technologically advanced Orphek Aquarium LED light solution!

orphek amazonas 960 icon reef aquarium led lighting
Amazonas 960 iCon combines cutting – edge technology with the best Orphek spectrum, to render the most natural, easy-to-adapt and healthier aquarium environment, while enhancing its beauty to the highest mesmerizing level!

And more!

It is a heavily build 320W LED Light, IP67 waterproof, with no fans, therefore silent, with Intelligent connectivity, with Orphek’s revolutionary matrix mix color 80W LED, with incredible shimmering effect, with 4 high quality aluminum reflector cup options, compatible with both IOS and Android and with 380nm true UV LEDs.

Applications:

• SPS/LPS coral reef salted water tanks/ Planted freshwater aquariums
  • Designed to enhance beauty of both natural and synthetic compositions!
  • Customizations according to the light design project
  • Public venues / Private aquariums
  • Indoors/ Outdoors
  • Perfect for wide, cube SPS/LPS aquariums /deep cylinder tanks
  • Perfect for coral farming

It comes with incredible features:

• 1000% dimming control system – never offered in the market before!
  • Power consumption of 320Watt – it is really powerful!
  • 320Watt Wide Spectrum 380nm – 700nm.
  • True UV 380nm LEDs.
  • Designed as a direct replacement for 400 – 600 watt metal halide systems.
  • Plug and play technology – effortless part’s replacement for simple and easy light maintenance.
  • Intelligent Connectivity – friendly technology, operating through Orphek awesome new App., compatible with both IOS and Android, voice control and many other cool features.
  • Wi-Fi / Bluetooth – with iCloud support, 5G internet connectivity, high speed response, extra data security.
  • IP67* waterproof – heavily build to last and to perform even in extreme environments/best quality raw materials and sealant solutions.
  • Protection against water and liquids, up to and including immersion in up to one meter of water
*IP67 represents one of the highest levels of protection offered by an IP rating. This rating provides complete protection against ingress of dust and airborne particles

• High quality aluminum housing, temperate glass cover, waterproof connectors, weather fastness surface treatment, anti-corrosion, anti-rust & anti-yellowing.
  • Offers perfect contact between fins and conductivity panels to ensure the best heat transfer.
  • Passive cooling (no fans) – quiet improved thermal flow and dissipation of heat.
  • High Quality Aluminum Reflector Cups: 15/30/60
  • High Quality NEW Orphek 90 Aluminum Reflector Cup
  • Sun shimmering effect (like the metal halide shimmer)

LEDs & Spectrums

The Orphek revolutionary matrix mix color 80W LED​

Amazonas 960 iCon comes with:

• 4 x 80 Watt LED chip
  • Each 80 Watt LED comes with 80 units of 3 Watt diodes
  • 11 deferent types of LEDs to create the most perfect white LED or Blue Spectrum

Amazonas 960 iCon Reef Coral SPS / LPS:​

Amazonas 960 iCon Reef comes with 4 x 80 watt LED chip:

• LED1: 18000K XP – REEF DAY LIGHT – WIDE FULL SPECTRUM -from true UV 380nm – 700nm – for SPS/LPS/Soft coral growth, color and illumination.
  • LED2: Blue – 450 – 460nm -These wavelengths are important in zooxanthellae photosynthesis – chlorophylls a and c2 utilize blue
  • LED3: Blue Plus XP – Blue /Violet/UV – 400 – 500nm – for SPS/LPS/Soft coral growth and wide fluorescent coral “pop”.
  • LED4: 18000K White -This channel will give you the natural color of half way between sunrise and sunset. This is a very clear, bright spectrum.

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Amazonas 960 is perfect for cube tank 40x40 inch , it can save cost for example for this tank you will need 2x Atlantik icon , or 4x Atlantik compact .

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 48/48 cube and run 2 v4g2 on it. Acrylic tank and the opening on the top is 33/33. this could replace both lights?

corey

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity, anyone know the recommended mounting height? I'd imagine pretty far up.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Out of curiosity, anyone know the recommended mounting height? I'd imagine pretty far up.
Im an orphek person and generally have best PAR results at 10" - 12" above water

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt this will happen but I'd like to see smaller versions of that same design (i.e. instead of the 4 cicles, there is version with a half and quarter of that, which price scaling respectively). I think that would be a great competition.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a really cool light in what looks to be a very small form factor. Looks like everything in the icon. Super cool! What is actual dimsions of light?

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont get something....

4x80w chips, each 80w chip come with 80 3w diodes..... So, diodes runs at 1w, or what?

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 48/48 cube and run 2 v4g2 on it. Acrylic tank and the opening on the top is 33/33. this could replace both lights?

corey
2 units will work well but if you have Atlantik I will keep you just need to upgrade it and you will get much more par . ( also there is discount now for upgrade).

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi , depending the Reflactor and the size of the tank , if your tank about 24inch then with 90D you can hang very close to the water just give some space to work .

Also the LEDs is deep inside the light body so it give important space ,to the light beam to be open . Another benefit the light not spread out to the room .
254A6623-03F1-447B-ACB2-2BFEAA64AB30.jpeg

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont get something....

4x80w chips, each 80w chip come with 80 3w diodes..... So, diodes runs at 1w, or what?
You got everything! :)
Yes we run the LEDs at 1watt because the body can not cool more then 320w . Another benefit the 3w LEDs are stronger and work with less stress - good for long life .

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a really cool light in what looks to be a very small form factor. Looks like everything in the icon. Super cool! What is actual dimsions of light?
Thank ,

Dimensions

• Length: 10.6″ (270mm)
  • Width: 12.6″ (320mm)
  • Height: 10.8″ (275mm)

Weight

• Light Unit Weight: 10.6 lbs (4.8kg)
  • Power Supply Weight: 6.6 lbs (3kg)

• 7AA3931A-8D53-459C-A950-53803AAD1DE2.png

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt this will happen but I'd like to see smaller versions of that same design (i.e. instead of the 4 cicles, there is version with a half and quarter of that, which price scaling respectively). I think that would be a great competition.
Yes there is smaller version call Amazonas 80 we mostly use them for public aquarium . 4 Amazonas 80 can connect to one controller with 1 power supply same as the 960 .
You can check this video : https://fb.watch/dItNUJdwvq/?fs=e&s=cl

37794FC5-98F3-428A-A105-8AD0F846EF21.jpeg

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 units will work well but if you have Atlantik I will keep you just need to upgrade it and you will get much more par . ( also there is discount now for upgrade).
I’m debating on upgrading. I just hate the fact that I upgraded to the v4g2 a month or so before the icon upgrade came out. So I already had $700 or so in my lights to get them running properly.
but I do wonder about my par….

corey

Back