new popbloom rs90

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Oliver, can you tell me when completely new lamps will come onto the market? Or is there no new lamp and I have to buy and convert the RS90? Thanks, greetings Christian
Yes, the advantage of the wifi is easy to use and more cool.

But please think about, when your tank is far from the wifi router in your home or some old person who are difficult to set and connect to the wifi by phone, the lamp can not work. it is a the most big problem and why delay again and agian.

the controller (Turing version) can do all functoins as wifi (Hertz version). that is why we are very careful launch the wifi version.

CF0581

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the advantage of the wifi is easy to use and more cool.

But please think about, when your tank is far from the wifi router in your home or some old person who are difficult to set and connect to the wifi by phone, the lamp can not work. it is a the most big problem and why delay again and agian.

the controller (Turing version) can do all functoins as wifi (Hertz version). that is why we are very careful launch the wifi version.
Hello oliver, thank you for your answer on this. Can you make me an offer for 3 pieces with bracket for Germany. Unfortunately there is nothing here. You can also send me a private message. Thanks very much

OP
OP
alain Bouchard

alain Bouchard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stated a new thread where I test the software for the wifi version for those who are interested.

@Oliver@DSunY just wanted to confirm, will those wifi board be compatible as a replacement for all turing lights, or only the RS90?

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only RS90 at this moment.

Turing 75 will update to Hertz 78 ( 3 cm longer for wifi boards).

then there will be
Hertz RL 90 for compact light version
Hertz 78 for best cover light version.

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For you guys who used "reduce algae" preset... How long did u use it, before noticing improvement, and, what preset u use after that one?

Tnx!

OP
OP
alain Bouchard

alain Bouchard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used it for about 6 weeks when I first got my 4 lamps running on my tank, to help clear up a GHA problem I had because of my old lamps. I am not sure at what point it helped, but algae where completely gone after that.

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you.

Not so much algae problems, but cyano, hope it can help a bit with that also, i'll try and see.

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now is before, later it will be jump from highest building i can find..... :)

Cannot undestand why i have this cyano-dino-diatom (whatever it is) problem.....

Corals (all but zoas) grow like crazy, probably isnt light issue, but it cannot hurt to try....

Lets see for some shorter time, and then i will update with results and pics....

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing to report yet, but i wonder.....

Since corals respond great to "reduce algae" mode, and personaly i find it best looking preset, i wonder is there any downside or potential problem if this mode is constantly running?

OP
OP
alain Bouchard

alain Bouchard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good news from oliver, he have a few wifi boards ready to send to beta testers (test options, find bugs, give feedback, etc). He asked me to find a few people willing to test it out. Boards will be free, only need to pay for shipping (you do need to have a popbloom rs90, already). @Koh23 no worry, clearly, you are on top of the list :)

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news, indeed.....

Cant wait.,.

Edit: it comes to my mind..... With two units, with new controller, i can control just one light, or both?

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 82.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back