New product launch Atlantik V4 Compact

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see the effective coverage at 32" x 24". I have a 93 cube with dimensions of 30"x30" and about 24" depth. It's a mixed reef but really trying to push SPS. I'd like to keep it to one compact. Obviously two would work, but one?
For SPS the short side of the light will be iffy for a 30 x 30. Better to go with two Compacts.

AquaDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find that interesting that it's iffy for 30" when it's advertised for 27" tank. Is 3" really that big of a difference on spread? and no, I'm not trying to be funny. It just seems to me it shouldn't be that much of a difference. I want to change my lights soon and really are looking at all my options along with their respective effectiveness and all associated costs.

Last edited:

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find that interesting that it's iffy for 30" when it's advertised for 27" tank. Is 3" really that big of a difference on spread? and no, I'm not trying to be funny. It just seems to me it shouldn't be that much of a difference. I want to change my lights soon and really are looking at all my options along with their respective effectiveness and all associated costs.

I have a V4 and it does put out a lot of light and going long wise it would easily be usable for SPS, on the short side I would thing 27" would be good for sps in the middle and lps on the edges. If you want great coverage I e the whole 30" cube for sps I would do 2 V4's

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The actual coverage area will depend on the type of coral you will be keeping. For SPS only, the V4 Compact would be good for about 32 x 24".

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No much just few cod line .
It the program protocol that connact to the Gateway.

GEN1 connact to First Gateway
And GEN2 to Gateway 2

Clients easy upgrad from G1 to G2 just change the wierles modul .

All Orphek modul can be upgrad from first version of 2012 to 2018 .

Both the system and LEDs ( spectrum)

Read more: how to upgrad Orphek Atlantik

https://orphek.com/upgrade-to-atlantik-v4-from-older-version/

Bos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can two Orphek V4 Compact hung at your stated 16" above water line cover a Red Sea Peninsula 500, 49 in long, 23 wide, 24 deep?

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can two Orphek V4 Compact hung at your stated 16" above water line cover a Red Sea Peninsula 500, 49 in long, 23 wide, 24 deep?
Yes, two Compacts would be fine and you could even lower them if you want.

Bos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I would do one full size and one compact. That's what I have over my 55" long tank.
how deep is your tank and how high are your lights above water? guessing you place them side by side as though they are a single light?

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how deep is your tank and how high are your lights above water? guessing you place them side by side as though they are a single light?
My tank is 55" x 26" x 24"H. Yes, I do them side by as a single light. The antenna is kind of in the way to get them right next to each other so in reality they are about 3" apart. Orphek stated above that two compacts would work as well and they probably would but me personally would do the full size and compact on a 48" tank. Mine are mounted 14" above the water. These lights are amazing, you won't regret getting them.

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 55" x 26" x 24"H. Yes, I do them side by as a single light. The antenna is kind of in the way to get them right next to each other so in reality they are about 3" apart. Orphek stated above that two compacts would work as well and they probably would but me personally would do the full size and compact on a 48" tank. Mine are mounted 14" above the water. These lights are amazing, you won't regret getting them.

This tank is a wide step down tank and he uses four full size Atlantiks.

At the time the photo was taken this was just newly set up with no coral.
upload_2018-10-15_18-48-41.png

A few days later after coral was added, one light was removed. Overkill.

upload_2018-10-15_18-51-20.png

Bos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@James Emory @Orphek

Beautiful tank, thanks for the information.
I do have a theoretical question for you, 99% of people and myself it won't matter or we can't see it.
For a 4ft tank, if I decide to use one Atlantik V4 and one Compact, dimension 24in and 12in respectively, how should they be hung in terms of their 'effective' lighting?

If it was 2 of the same units, it would be easy, placement equal distance

The LEDs are placed (I am assuming) in a very specific arrangement for the V4 or Compact.
If the V4 and Compact are place lengthwise next to each other, both set at same intensity, would the spectrum be different between left side and right side of tank since the led colours on the edge of the V4 are different to Compact, V4 are mostly blue with 1 or 2 yellow and purple, whereas Compact is blue, red, purple, yellow and green?

Is it just a trial and error in finding the best position vertically, horizontally and distance between the units?

Also, looking at the Alantik V4 page, I think there is an error. Its states V4 is the most economical, costs €912 to buy and consumes 235W whereas the Radion XR30 PRO costs €915 and consumes 190W.....surely then the Radion is more 'economical' because it consumes LESS energy for the same price of unit.

Last edited:

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@James Emory @Orphek

Beautiful tank, thanks for the information.
I do have a theoretical question for you, 99% of people and myself it won't matter or we can't see it.
For a 4ft tank, if I decide to use one Atlantik V4 and one Compact, dimension 24in and 12in respectively, how should they be hung in terms of their 'effective' lighting?

If it was 2 of the same units, it would be easy, placement equal distance

The LEDs are placed (I am assuming) in a very specific arrangement for the V4 or Compact.
If the V4 and Compact are place lengthwise next to each other, both set at same intensity, would the spectrum be different between left side and right side of tank since the led colours on the edge of the V4 are different to Compact, V4 are mostly blue with 1 or 2 yellow and purple, whereas Compact is blue, red, purple, yellow and green?

Is it just a trial and error in finding the best position vertically, horizontally and distance between the units?

Also, looking at the Alantik V4 page, I think there is an error. Its states V4 is the most economical, costs €912 to buy and consumes 235W whereas the Radion XR30 PRO costs €915 and consumes 190W.....surely then the Radion is more 'economical' because it consumes LESS energy for the same price of unit.

If one were to insist on using two Orphek lights on a 48" tank then the best solution would be two Compacts which is more than enough light for that tank. I'm using one full size Atlantik V4 on my Red Sea 47" long tank with no problem at all.

The Orphek is less money overall all because you would need less lights. One of our clients sent us this photo showing one of our Atlantiks compared to three of his Radions.

upload_2018-10-16_10-57-42.png

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious. My tank is just under 9 ft across and 3 ft to the back and 28 inches deep. I have three cross braces, so I have four openings that are 24 in x 34 in. Do you recommend four of the compacts, one for each opening? Or is there a way to configure two full length versions? I would not think having lights blocked by the cross bracing would be of any help.
If your tank will be SPS dominated and that your tank is three feet wide, the best solution without having cross brace interference would be two Compacts in each of the four openings. This would create a spectacular lighting array for your tank and coral.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back