New R2R Member!

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings! My name is Christian.

I’ve lurked in the forums here for quite a while, and figured it was about time I became an actual member.

The info in these forums has really helped me get my first tank up and running and have been absolutely awesome.

Currently I have a Fluval Flex 32 up and running. I started with a single young snowflake Ocellaris, a week or two later I added a second Ocellaris. (They are still doing their dominate/submissive dances but have become quite inseparable).
From there I added a very small purple firefish, and lastly a single blue/green Chromis over the span of a month or so.

CUC: around 8 various snails

Recently I have added my first coral to the tank. A small green hammer which has been doing well so far with one head splitting currently. (It will be moved lower in the tank after it heals more, was fragged from LFS).

Some various specs:
Two Powerheads on opposing sides (Aqamai/Nero with flow turned down low, aqamai angled at surface of tank for O2)
InTank drop in filters and flow directors
A slightly larger eheim return pump
Started with Caribsea fiji pink and liferock
Added pods from Algae barn just to have some in there to start..

I think that pretty much sums it up so far. Water params have been testing great, staying on top of water changes etc..

Feel free to give me some criticism or feedback on any issues you might see with my setup.. or ideas on where to go next!

Thanks again! Wouldn’t of made it this far without this site! :D
74FCE976-B33D-4FE9-BE2C-090D1366ABDA.jpeg

OP
OP
ScubaFish802

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first clown would always hide up near the surface near a powerhead. I read online that they like the feeling of a ceramic pot with no anemones present. I didn’t want to add a nem so early so I threw the 3” pot in. They both hangout in it at night now and frequently rub their chins and bellys on it. I rarely see them looking stressed near the surface anymore. So that was my thinking with the pot. Ideally someday I get a BTA and they decide to like that more and I could remove the pot (it’s kinda ugly lol).

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first clown would always hide up near the surface near a powerhead. I read online that they like the feeling of a ceramic pot with no anemones present. I didn’t want to add a nem so early so I threw the 3” pot in. They both hangout in it at night now and frequently rub their chins and bellys on it. I rarely see them looking stressed near the surface anymore. So that was my thinking with the pot. Ideally someday I get a BTA and they decide to like that more and I could remove the pot (it’s kinda ugly lol).
Ah, I see. That makes lots of sense. Nice looking tank, keep up the good work.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back