New Red Sea Max E-170 Tank Owner

kevin318

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2020
Messages
140
Reaction score
213
Location
Douglassville
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I'm a new Red Sea Max E-170 tank owner for about 3 three weeks now and I've had salt tanks for many years, but never got into corals. I'm planning of starting with softies and maybe get more complex from there. I have had a couple purple mushrooms and some zoanthids that came with some live rock that I purchased years ago. They are both trying to acclimated, hopefully soon. I been reading, watching videos, and joining forums, this is a new journey and I'm excited about it. Thanks for having me.
Stay safe!

Kevin
 
Welcome... softies are not just for beginners!
75F8E2AE-91C6-42E9-857D-B5A3D951E6C0.jpeg
 
Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome! I bought my daughter the E-170 with the Reef LED 90 and we have had ups and downs with it, but the light is fantastic.
It came with the Hydra 26 HD LED, I'm having some challenges finding the right settings. I'm still searching. Anything you can tell me that I should not do from your experience?
 
It came with the Hydra 26 HD LED, I'm having some challenges finding the right settings. I'm still searching. Anything you can tell me that I should not do from your experience?
I have the Hydra 26 HD LEDs on my E-260, my stings are as follows:
UV, V, RY, B = 65%
Red % Green = 0%
White = 5%
I have had good results, so if you are not at these settings then ramp up to them. Oh, Moonlight I have at 3%, and run lights for 10 hours.

IMG_20200324_1751315.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new