Snazzy!!!

Where is it from?

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank!! Really coming along. Just wondering in you sump I see you have a media bag that is in your fuge is that a metal zipper on the bag? If so I would get that out ASAP.

OP
OP
S

Sharis100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank!! Really coming along. Just wondering in you sump I see you have a media bag that is in your fuge is that a metal zipper on the bag? If so I would get that out ASAP.

No, it is a plastic zipper. It is a WACO media bag. The only thing is the zipper. I think it is plastic coated aluminum- so, I might have to switch it to a pull string. Thanks!

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it is a plastic zipper. It is a WACO media bag. The only thing is the zipper. I think it is plastic coated aluminum- so, I might have to switch it to a pull string. Thanks!
Never seen that style of media bag before. One would think the company designing the media bag knowing it will be under water would make a 100 percent plastic zipper and not an aluminum zipper coated with plastic. I really like your tank. I have been looking at the RedSea 425xl for my next build. Have you come across any thing you don’t like about your tank? If so what are they?

OP
OP
S

Sharis100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never seen that style of media bag before. One would think the company designing the media bag knowing it will be under water would make a 100 percent plastic zipper and not an aluminum zipper coated with plastic. I really like your tank. I have been looking at the RedSea 425xl for my next build. Have you come across any thing you don’t like about your tank? If so what are they?

Waco has been making media bags for 40 years so hopefully they no what they are doing. Love the Red Sea system. The new tank is great, no complaints!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back