New Reef Octopus Light\Macro Algae Reactor

Deezreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

The tank is a Reefer900, I have a Reef Octopus 250INT skimmer which takes up most of the sump space. The extra sump is being used for ATO. do not currently have about 10 fish currently and may add another 3 in the near future. Nitrates about 25, Phosphate about 0.5. Currently running Chemipure Elite and water changes that do not seem to make a huge difference in the levels above. I feed 4 times per week approx 1 cube/3.5g each time.
The foot print of the larger reactor Will definitely be challenging. External installation is unfortunately not an option because of location of the tank. Equipment cabinet is jam packed with equipment already as well.
By the way, I appreciate your input. Thank you.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks!

The tank is a Reefer900, I have a Reef Octopus 250INT skimmer which takes up most of the sump space. The extra sump is being used for ATO. do not currently have about 10 fish currently and may add another 3 in the near future. Nitrates about 25, Phosphate about 0.5. Currently running Chemipure Elite and water changes that do not seem to make a huge difference in the levels above. I feed 4 times per week approx 1 cube/3.5g each time.
The foot print of the larger reactor Will definitely be challenging. External installation is unfortunately not an option because of location of the tank. Equipment cabinet is jam packed with equipment already as well.

You can only get what you have room for. Sounds like your load is not very heavy.

I understand the challenge. I have a Reefer 250 and had to find matching side cabinets so I had a place to put my equipment and ATO. It is in the living room so everything needs to be silent and look nice:

1603721108924.png

Last edited:

Daveb300

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but I have a question. Can you run the reef octopus algae reactor without the trays to give more room on the inside of the reactor? I have a 300g tank with total water volume of 350 gallons.

Poochaku

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but I have a question. Can you run the reef octopus algae reactor without the trays to give more room on the inside of the reactor? I have a 300g tank with total water volume of 350 gallons.
I guess so but it seems like you gain very very minimal space and then have to manually scoop out all the chaeto.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 44 28.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back