New Reefer, appreciate all the help!

reely989

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2022
Messages
343
Reaction score
234
Location
Auburn
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, just got into the saltwater side of things and set up a 75g from the petsmart stand and tank combo. Unfortunately, no room for a sump in that but my FX4 is doing ok so far. Tank is cycled and I'm starting to see some brown algae so I'm trying to decide on whether or not UV is worth it at all or if I should just ride out the ugly phase. Anyway, here's a pic, I"m pretty proud of it so far!

1668006785821.png
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

If it's a new set up tank and you are getting a brown algea it's most likely diatoms and should go away on its own as it stabilizes. I say ride it out.
 
Hey everyone, just got into the saltwater side of things and set up a 75g from the petsmart stand and tank combo. Unfortunately, no room for a sump in that but my FX4 is doing ok so far. Tank is cycled and I'm starting to see some brown algae so I'm trying to decide on whether or not UV is worth it at all or if I should just ride out the ugly phase. Anyway, here's a pic, I"m pretty proud of it so far!

1668006785821.png

Welcome! Glad you joined. UV has its purposes, but ugly phase is just something we all deal with and find way through. Patience is the magic.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Auburn:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 
Hey everyone, just got into the saltwater side of things and set up a 75g from the petsmart stand and tank combo. Unfortunately, no room for a sump in that but my FX4 is doing ok so far. Tank is cycled and I'm starting to see some brown algae so I'm trying to decide on whether or not UV is worth it at all or if I should just ride out the ugly phase. Anyway, here's a pic, I"m pretty proud of it so far!

1668006785821.png
Welcome to Reef2Reef! 75 gallon is a nice start! Enjoy the ride!
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new