New reefer from Melbourne, Australia

dbaussiereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

So i am one week in with my first reef tank, have previously had some freshwater and after admiring coral and some fantastic fish at our local fish shops i have jumped in an purchased an Aqua One Mini Reef 160.

Set up of the tank was super easy and i am pretty impressed with the quality for the price. Everything like skimmer, pump, lights is standard for now but i am sure they will be upgraded along the way.

Hardest thing was trying to do the rock scape i am not artistic at all so feel free to leave any comments and suggestions !

IMG_1271.JPG
IMG_3665.JPG

OP
OP
D

dbaussiereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day, and welcome to R2R.

Great start with a rimless:)

Thanks !

I must also say that this forum has given me a big head start in gaining the knowledge to get it going as I am very much an amateuer.

Tank is already progressing in the cycle, ammonia is coming down and are getting some nitrite readings today so heading in the right direction. I am really looking forward to getting some corals so looking for advice on when it would be ok to start putting them in and what other parameters apart from the basic ammonia, nitrite, nitrate should be I making sure are correct first.

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R :) it’s a pleasure to have you here with us ;) remember be patient tank your time do you research and ask a lot of questions there are a lot of really kind people here willing to help you with anything you may need!)

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the Reef! Great looking tank. Looking forward to its progression.
Scaping had me in a twist as well. Minimalist is nice, but I would consider a few more pieces of rock to create some cave and depth options and maybe a little height on one end.

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Very nice looking tank you got there! Any questions you may have don’t be afraid to ask, you’ll be glad you did. The more you know, the more successful you'll be, and the more you’ll be able to enjoy the reefing hobby.

Ever done scuba around GBR?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks !

I must also say that this forum has given me a big head start in gaining the knowledge to get it going as I am very much an amateuer.

Tank is already progressing in the cycle, ammonia is coming down and are getting some nitrite readings today so heading in the right direction. I am really looking forward to getting some corals so looking for advice on when it would be ok to start putting them in and what other parameters apart from the basic ammonia, nitrite, nitrate should be I making sure are correct first.
There are a bunch of Aussie reefers here and you Aussie run some great tanks in my book!;)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back