New Reefer - RedSea Max Nano

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers, I'd like to add a 4th fish to my Max Nano, currently i have 2 clowns and a firefish. My options for the 4th fish are: Tail Spot Blenny, Bicolor Blenny or a Six Line Wrasse. Any recommendations are appreciated.

six line wrasses are very active swimmers, so wouldn't recommend wrasse in nano. Tail Spot Blenny tank space recommendations range from 30-15 gallons. I have one, it goes all over, but I don't know that it is that active of a swimmer.

My recommendation is upgrade your tank to larger size. You might be able to find a used tank near you if someone else is upgrading even bigger - its the trickle down effect (giggle). I just found one on FB Marketplace and its in water testing phase. By next weekend or before I'll be able to move some existing fish into it as my mid size 55 is moving out (it already has 11 people inquiring so I should not have listed it until really ready)

Last edited:

Adolfo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome r2r.jpg

Pacmtg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, glad you are here! Your rockscape is eye catching! You’re perfectly fine, at this time to start with some easy, inexpensive soft corals such as zoas, leather corals, gsp and mushrooms but admire your patience, you’re going to be very successful.
Hi All,
New Reefer here, I started a RedSea Max Nano back in April 2022, let it cycle, and after a couple of months added my first fish: Pair of Black Ice Snowflake Clowns and a Purple Firefish, I also have a FireShrimp and a couple of Trochus Snails. I haven't added any corals yet, as I'm waiting for the tank to be stable enough. I'd like to take things really slow to try to avoid issues.
Thanks all.
20221109_090549.jpg
wel
Hi All,
New Reefer here, I started a RedSea Max Nano back in April 2022, let it cycle, and after a couple of months added my first fish: Pair of Black Ice Snowflake Clowns and a Purple Firefish, I also have a FireShrimp and a couple of Trochus Snails. I haven't added any corals yet, as I'm waiting for the tank to be stable enough. I'd like to take things really slow to try to avoid issues.
Thanks all.
20221109_090549.jpg
Welcome and
Hi All,
Thanks all.
20221109_090549.jpg
Welcome! Love the aquascape too!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back