New Reefer - RedSea Max Nano

Hi All,
New Reefer here, I started a RedSea Max Nano back in April 2022, let it cycle, and after a couple of months added my first fish: Pair of Black Ice Snowflake Clowns and a Purple Firefish, I also have a FireShrimp and a couple of Trochus Snails. I haven't added any corals yet, as I'm waiting for the tank to be stable enough. I'd like to take things really slow to try to avoid issues.
Thanks all.
20221109_090549.jpg
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Sounds like you're off to a good start. Taking it slow is always the wise choice but it's so hard to do! Good luck and thanks for introducing yourself!
 
Thanks, I noticed that my Alk is kind of low (7.1 or so), and want to have it higher and stable before adding corals....but soon
Have you compared your Alk measurement to a measurement of a new batch of seawater? If they're the same, your test kit might just be reading low.
 
Have you compared your Alk measurement to a measurement of a new batch of seawater? If they're the same, your test kit might just be reading low.
I compared the readings from the Trident with the Hannah Checker and are fairly similar.
 
I compared the readings from the Trident with the Hannah Checker and are fairly similar.

I use TM Pro Reef salt which always measures 7.4 - 7.6 on a new batch at 35 ppt salinity. As long as the tank is the same, I know I'm maintaining KH.
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new