New Reefer - RedSea Max Nano

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi All,
New Reefer here, I started a RedSea Max Nano back in April 2022, let it cycle, and after a couple of months added my first fish: Pair of Black Ice Snowflake Clowns and a Purple Firefish, I also have a FireShrimp and a couple of Trochus Snails. I haven't added any corals yet, as I'm waiting for the tank to be stable enough. I'd like to take things really slow to try to avoid issues.
Thanks all.
20221109_090549.jpg
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Sounds like you're off to a good start. Taking it slow is always the wise choice but it's so hard to do! Good luck and thanks for introducing yourself!

flyingscampi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I noticed that my Alk is kind of low (7.1 or so), and want to have it higher and stable before adding corals....but soon
Have you compared your Alk measurement to a measurement of a new batch of seawater? If they're the same, your test kit might just be reading low.

flyingscampi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I compared the readings from the Trident with the Hannah Checker and are fairly similar.

I use TM Pro Reef salt which always measures 7.4 - 7.6 on a new batch at 35 ppt salinity. As long as the tank is the same, I know I'm maintaining KH.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back