New Reefer

JTDeLaRosa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody....
Glad to be joining such an accepting and passionate forum on starting and keeping a marine aquarium. So excited to be starting in this hobby. We have just set up a Red Sea Max E170 (45g) which has been cycling now for 6 weeks. We have added a clean-up crew (snails/hermits), a pair of clowns and 3 softies (Toadstool, Xenia and a Ricordea). Any advise is always welcome regarding the journey.

Question: Does anyone have experience and/or advice on proper placement/settings for a Red Sea ReefWave 25? Being the size of the box, I want to make sure to set it accordingly.

Thanks again, in advance, for any/all interactions.

Happy Reefing,
John

FlexingFishSticks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! That style of powerhead, whether its a reefwave or a Gyre, they have a lot of flow, meaning they seem to move the whole tank. You can put it anywhere, left or right side, or even the back. I would start off at a very low level initially. I would also place it, if its anything like my Gyre 350, low enough to cause a bit of turbulence on the ceiling of the water level, but not enough to cause the water to break if that makes sense. For my Gyre it is roughly 3 in below the top of the water level.

OP
OP
J

JTDeLaRosa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, Billldg. Yes, the flow is quite strong. I have placed it vertical at the back right corner of the tank right below the return flow @ 4". Set at 10%. I'll continue to play with it to figure out optimal placement. Much appreciated.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
nice!!! ..build thread time;):cool:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back