New reefer

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
To the many that have replied and given some advice already it is greatly appreciated. And really looking at starting up a tank. Great the be apart of such a great community family R2R newby!

Whats some pointers for starting up one?

Cheers
:) GET A TANK;):cool:;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

OP
OP
ReefRusty

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was about to get one and unfortuanlty had to have an operation on my shoulder causing me to stay in a sling for 6 weeks before rehab.. I wouldn't be able to put the tank together or really enjoy the process in setting up.. so forced to wait this out till I can at least lift something. Only a few weeks to go.. ‍♂️

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was about to get one and unfortuanlty had to have an operation on my shoulder causing me to stay in a sling for 6 weeks before rehab.. I wouldn't be able to put the tank together or really enjoy the process in setting up.. so forced to wait this out till I can at least lift something. Only a few weeks to go.. ‍♂
Time for planning,start a build thread ,get a badge,put a link here,that way we can follow ,help along the way ;) :)

Dub_G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Honestly I don't think you can go wrong with either WB or RSR. I happen to have a RSR but either are great systems and will allow you to have your own piece of the ocean in your home!

Good luck as you start your tank and be sure to post your questions to this amazing group of people willing to share their knowledge and passion with you.

Dub_G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To the many that have replied and given some advice already it is greatly appreciated. And really looking at starting up a tank. Great the be apart of such a great community family R2R newby!

Whats some pointers for starting up one?

Cheers
If you haven't watched the YouTube videos from Bulk Reef Supply (BRSTV YouTube channel) that might be a good place to start. I found them to be very helpful to me as a noobie!

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community and happy reefing!

giphy.gif

@MW319 , your tank looks amazing, especially those torches!

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Waterbox for me. Quality tanks. I have also an aqua one 180. Good tank but cabinet is starting to warp a bit now. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

MW319

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community and happy reefing!

giphy.gif

@MW319 , your tank looks amazing, especially those torches!
@PTXReef Thanks, everything just started to take off once I started BRS 2 part around June 2020. Slowly adding a couple of sticks that are actually showing some growth.

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Welcome to Reef2Reef! Awesome place to be and be a part of! Sure someone on here will be able to answer your questions.

If you are looking for possibly some helpful videos maybe check out my YouTube channel! My PMs are always open! Let me know how you like the channel, and hope it can help out some way!!

OP
OP
ReefRusty

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Well just so you know I purchssed a Waterbox 70.2 tank with Radion xr15 g5 pro light and octo varios v4 rtn pump, tunze ATO and have a cheap basic wave maker. Want to upgrade this however and use the cheap one to mix salt with RODi water.

Hope you can help me through the process mate

Xeniawarrior

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t go wrong with Red Sea products. Being a beginner those setups usually come as complete packages. They come with tank stand sump and all hard plumbing included. Very clear glass and looks really nice and setup with recessed stand

OP
OP
ReefRusty

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t go wrong with Red Sea products. Being a beginner those setups usually come as complete packages. They come with tank stand sump and all hard plumbing included. Very clear glass and looks really nice and setup with recessed stand
Cheers but just purchased a WATERBOX 70.2 marine tank with a radion xr15 g5 pro light and few other bits

Back