New reefer

HLACASA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I've recently joined the forum, but had to deal with some serious personal stuff and had no time to really explore and introduce myself.
So, I'm planning a new tank, my very first saltwater aquarium. I've been a FW guy for 13 years and now I want to take the plunge and start a reef tank!
Though not totally a beginner since I've kept FW tanks, I am here to learn and gather some info to start the right way.

Just to add some more about myself: I currently live in São Paulo, Brazil and have finished my BSc. Degree in Biological Sciences last year! Looking forward to exchange a lot of knowledge here and hopefully when the time comes help people too :)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I've recently joined the forum, but had to deal with some serious personal stuff and had no time to really explore and introduce myself.
So, I'm planning a new tank, my very first saltwater aquarium. I've been a FW guy for 13 years and now I want to take the plunge and start a reef tank!
Though not totally a beginner since I've kept FW tanks, I am here to learn and gather some info to start the right way.

Just to add some more about myself: I currently live in São Paulo, Brazil and have finished my BSc. Degree in Biological Sciences last year! Looking forward to exchange a lot of knowledge here and hopefully when the time comes help people too :)

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). It is never too early! It's great to capture your planning as you transition into saltwater.

This might help you find people local to you in Brazil:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Welcome! Glad you're joining us. FW does prepare you some but it's a whole new monster over here on the salty side. Have fun getting your feet wet and be ready to ask lots of questions!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 64 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.2%
Back