New return pump, but return hose does not fit?

panamaed117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I am replacing my return pump and notice that my return hose is smaller then the fittings on my new pump. I have a waterbox reef 55. I can't replace the hose, or it wont fit on the return line back to the display tank. I was wondering do I need to go to a hardware store and fix my plumbing to work with my new pump?

OP
OP
P

panamaed117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you all. I found the part I needed at a LFS. They had some extra reduce fittings, perfect for my pump. My new Syncra 6 is now humming and I have flow back in my tank.

britnicole1724

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I am replacing my return pump and notice that my return hose is smaller then the fittings on my new pump. I have a waterbox reef 55. I can't replace the hose, or it wont fit on the return line back to the display tank. I was wondering do I need to go to a hardware store and fix my plumbing to work with my new pump?
Would what was suggested work for the opposite problem?? My syncra fitting is smaller than the hose ‍♀️

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Typically I take one of a few options with hoses that are slightly smaller/larger than the barb - change the fitting, change the hose, or heat the end of the hose to make it pliable then slide over a slightly large barb or use zip ties to cinch on to a slightly smaller barb.

Back