New Setup

floridabromo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am moving and leaving my 180 gallon tank behind.. ive looked at getting a red sea but spent almost $10K on my last tank just putting it together, all the rock, sand, everything.. I kept my hydras but that is it.. I would prefer to have a 100-125 gallon aquarium.. wouldnt mind putting one together to save money.. i would much rather buy a cheaper tank and stand and then spend more money on a sump, pumps, skimmer, etc.. I'm really tempted to buy this 125Gallon aquarium and stand from petsmart for $500.. is that a bad call? i've also never drilled holes in a tank before, is that too difficult? any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Meat locker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plenty of videos on drilling out there. I personally wouldn't bother trying to drill and try to scoop up someonelses tank whos exiting the hobby for that price.. Too bad your on the east side, not sure how much shipping would be. Check out www.scaquariums.com. They have reef ready 125 + starfire for 900. If your handy enough, you can build a basic stand.

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I would drill a Petsmart tank. I have the 150 scaquarium which is actually only 105 gallons of water. What I didn't know when I bought it is that you can order it drilled in the back instead of bottom. Ran me $1000.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 23 34.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back