new start - some clarifications

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

iLMaRiO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, I need some clarifications, for the actual tank and for the new one (i plan to start the new one later this year)

Current tank is started 2 years ago, but I NEVER seen a kh drop. I'm stable around 7.3 - 7.6, without dosing anything, no calcium reactor, no balling, no water changes.
So, questions are:

1. when I see a drop in kH under 7, I have to start Core7 dosing. Let's assume that with the first dose, i'll go over 7. should I stop until I see a new drop under 7 ? If not, the kh continues to rise...

2. algae reactor, ATS or refugium: in the current tank I have a 3 liters chaeto reactor, not a refugium. For the new tank, should I plan a refugium (10-20% takes A LOT of space in sump) or should I safely use an algae reactor or an ATS ?

3. Triton suggestions (like refugium 10% than volume) are based on the raw display tank volume or the real water volume accounting for the rocks, sands and so on ? In example, a 120x70x50 display tank, is 420 liters raw. Should I use 420 liters when dosing and planning the refugium ? Should I remove the 20% (seems to be an avarage value account for rocks, sand and so on) when dealing with the refugium size, product dosing and so on ?

is possible to have this clarifications ?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.2%
Back