New tank bought today....60g reefready cube

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a link to a tank that is exactly like I just bought today for my eventual upgrade except I didn't get the stand and sump.....I payed $280+/- for the tank...
http://cgi.ebay.com/60-Gallon-Cube-...hZ009QQcategoryZ20755QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

The best price I have found anywhere around, one place local wanted almost $400 for just a 55 cube and stand. I am checking on these guys building me a stand for it as well and have a price quote for a stand.....The best part is this one is reefready where the other one that is local was not drilled and not reefready. Now I will have to make a road trip and pick it up....

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dude that tank is sweeeeet! I love it. When is the projected setup date?

NapoliNewJersey

Achilles Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That cube is really sweet. I should have done that instead of my gay biocube.

If you want to build a stand that is pretty nice take a look at this.

IMG_4567.jpg

A friend of mine built this for my 29gallon biocube. It has a space in the middle where I mounted a 150 MH Reefstart pendant and I'm in the process of building an 18"x18"x10" frag tank to put under there. Right now the 29 gallon bc is plumbed into my 120 reef and then i'll eventually do the same with the frag tank.

rarelyseriousb

give a pound
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a great lakes aquarium(aquarium warehouse) tank. They are a great local place that makes tanks cheep. can also get star fire and some custom stuff done. I bought my 36x24x24 from then. 7 holes drilled.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a great lakes aquarium(aquarium warehouse) tank. They are a great local place that makes tanks cheep. can also get star fire and some custom stuff done. I bought my 36x24x24 from then. 7 holes drilled.

Yea that's who it is....Best price I found anywhere.......Setup? Probably not for awhile as far as that goes, my wife wants carpet so it would be after that. The deal was no carpet unless I get a new tank. This one will free up a whole wall of living room space as well so we can add a chair that we have had in the sun porch for that last few years, still wrapped in plastic.....

As far as lighting and skimmer I will probably go with the Aqua-C I have now but that will be down in the sump and out of sight at least for the near future. Lighting I will stick with my MH 250w set up and have to get a new T-5 set up that is 24''. So I will probably sell the T-5 I have now.....Really it's still in planing stages for the most part. I had the money and wanted to spend it as effectively as I could as soon as I could this way I can't dip into it or have something else come up as we all know they can do at times......If something comes up now I will have to find the cash somewhere else.....:) Cause I already have my tank.....

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sweet dude! i'm assuming its glass? what are the demensions?

you should build your own stand, if you need some ideas....i really like how i built the frame of my stand. you can use the same concepts and everything and just make it wider or taller if you want. best part is it was super easy, and i documented lots of pics.

what kind of 250w light are you going to use? IMO thats perfect for that size tank.

i have mainly sps in my tank, but my zoas/lps weren't liking getting blasted by the light, even in the sand bed. so i recently added some eggcrate to the top of the tank to diffuse some the light.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
25''x25''x24''......I discussed building my own stand, but was told If I am going to get a new tank that I can't have any hillbilly wood stand in the living room. I am not that good with building with wood. So I said I would have them professionally build it.......I don't mind much the price quote for the stand is pretty cheap. I will use what I have now Hamilton 14k 250w.......I'm sure I will get better spread over this then I do now with the light off center on my 48'' tank now. It has given me good color over all but I'm sure the light will be better suited for this tank then the one I have now.....

If I lived closer to Gadgets I could have upgraded many times by now with his cast aways.....LOL

rarelyseriousb

give a pound
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had that same tank but broke it so I upgraded. I'm in the same boat as you. I cant set up the tank till the hard wood floors are in. For the stand you could get in touch with cnadianzebra at MASM website. Hopkins has used him and seems pleased. I have heard good reports of his work from others also.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update......

Well I made the road trip Sunday and picked up my tank and stand, all I can say is the quality of the tank is superb. I was surprised by the size of it actually, it was much bigger then I thought and the over flow doesn't take up as much room as I thought it would. The wifey was surprised by how big it was. She thought it wasn't going to be as big and seems pretty excited as well to see it set up. Here are some pics of the tank sitting in storage till the wonderful day of set-up. Now I just have to get the wife carpet.....Which will be coming real soon so I set this thing up.

DSCN1197.jpg

DSCN1199.jpg

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks great! i wish i had glass instead of acrylic... :(

so how much did this setup set you back? my guess is that the carpet was more...lol

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$400 even......The best price I could find for the samething local was $550-$600. That was for a 55g cube.....I spent $30 in gas to go get it, so as far as I am concerned it was well worth it.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back