New tank build 120 gallon wavemaker options?

Stephen Smelski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 75 corner bowfront, I hate that I can not get the right flow and its not drilled so its on a canister filter. I am moving up!! I bought a 120 gallon reef ready 48x24x24, I am making my grocery list and I am stuck on wave makers. All the posts I find on here are older. With today's options what would I be best off getting? and how many? 2 vortech MP40W QD are 319.99 a piece, 2 Jebao RW-20 are 104.95 a piece, am I looking at the wrong options? Any help would be appreciated.

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flow and how much of it is dependent on rock structure and corals... But not completely dependent, some corals want high flow some don't, an open rock structure will allow for better circulation and less flow obstruction and a rock wall or closed structure.. that being said you don't have to go expensive to get good flow... In my 120 the RW-20 was way too much flow even on the lowest settings, so now i have two RW-8s... I had a gyre pump also and it worked great too...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back