New Tank Cycling

vivekshankarpmk

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2019
Messages
31
Reaction score
9
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its Been 40 days since starting cycling my new tank. I added 4 mollies by slowly converting them to saltwater environment. Its in the tank for the past 5 days they are doing good and taking marine pellets. My question is when shall i add marine fishes and when should i turn on the protein skimmer . I have added the video of my tank for your view friends ,please give ur suggestions
 
Depends Have you checked your parameters to see what they are ?
Did you do a fishless cycle before molly addition ?
 
Depends Have you checked your parameters to see what they are ?
Did you do a fishless cycle before molly addition ?
I used Aquaforest BIO S and traditional shrimp method to cycle. I tested my water day before yesterday they were at ammonia 0,ph 8.1,nitrate 10ppm
 
You should be running skimmer as you cycle for O2 introduction. I would start it up if you havent already. I'm currently on phase 2 of my cycle now.
 
You should be running skimmer as you cycle for O2 introduction. I would start it up if you havent already. I'm currently on phase 2 of my cycle now.
when cosindering the phase 1 ammonia to nitrate i heard that they slow down the cycle if skimmer is turned on , i guess i should start it right
 
It’s not completely necessary to run a skimmer, however you could do a small water change and test again in 24 hours to see if your parameters spike. If not, then add a fish or two depending on how much your volume of water is.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new