New tank question

fancy_fish101

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2021
Messages
316
Reaction score
83
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon tank and I’m wondering when I should start doing water changes.I only got 1 fish in there so far.
 
I guess the common answer would be do a 1/3 water change once a month, but if you have a light bio load like you do as long as your dosing and replenishing all your trace elements and what not you can go a little longer, if you’re running a algae scrubber, you really don’t have to do any water changes as long as you continue to dose your elements
 
How long have you had the tank? What are the water parameters?
Water changes are changes are performed to remove waste, so what is the nitrate level of your water? Normally 10-20 is a safe zone, once you get to 30-40, you should be planning the next water change.
 
How long have you had the tank? What are the water parameters?
Water changes are changes are performed to remove waste, so what is the nitrate level of your water? Normally 10-20 is a safe zone, once you get to 30-40, you should be planning the next water change.
Not necessarily, nitrates and phosphates are not a bad thing. A lot of people are running their nitrates around 40 these days.
 
How long have you had the tank? What are the water parameters?
Water changes are changes are performed to remove waste, so what is the nitrate level of your water? Normally 10-20 is a safe zone, once you get to 30-40, you should be planning the next water change.
Tanks been running a month and finished it cycled. Just wondering when to do first water change. Nitrates are at 10 which is where I keep them in my other tank.
 
I have a 75 gallon tank and I’m wondering when I should start doing water changes.I only got 1 fish in there so far.
I do water changes if I have elevated ammonia and or nitrites and it works for my tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new